Hello! Newbie to android tablets here.

nvtellan

Jul 18, 2011
Hello.
I have been a lurker for weeks now on this forum and only today that I have decided to register to your forum.

I got this used tablet as a gift from an online friend. He said he doesn't need it anymore since he bought a new, better netbook. My problem is, I don't know much about android tablets and this one did not come with a manual. The only thing I can see on the box is the word "MID". It is a 7" tablet, the color of the LED is Green, it vibrates on Start-up, the audio port is black.... and what else?

Further inspection on the device itself reveals the following info:

model: generic
ram: 256MB
kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
firmware: 1.6
build: WMT2.1_88

Internal Device Storage
Total Space: 2GB
System Space - Total Space: 1GB
LocalDisk :Total Space: 1.07GB

Could you please help me identify the brand and model of this device? Where can I download the manual for it? I would also like to know more information on how I can utilize it. Thanks and more power to androidtablets.net!

Oh and another thing, is displaying my blog url on my signature allowed on this forum? Thanks again.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

confusedjulie

Jul 21, 2011
hi there , i think i have the same model and im scared of my epad lol i aint got a clue what im doing i want to download new apps to it and it wont let me register my email , i saw your post and thought maybe you could advise me how i get to download apps
julie

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi confusedjulie, If you ask your questions over in the Gome tablet section of the forum, someone over there will probably be able to help you. Gome Tablets With any luck at all, we may be calling you Julie afterward. :)