hello

newnextbookuser

Mar 4, 2015
Hello I'm new here but not new to android by any means. That being said I've got some problems here I need some help with. Not trying to blast anyone here but here we go. Okay first user accounts. Alright I tried to setup a guest account for my daughter on my next book. I looked it up in the tablet and the option was grayed out. Looked it up online and was told I needed at least android os of 4.1.4. I have 4.4.2 and it won't work. I tried updating to a later version on android is and my hardware is not compatible with the software. Next I bought a 64gb SD card put it in and can't use it. The only option available is mount SD card. I select it and then get a pop up message that says storage device safe for removal. I can't format it and I can't download anything because of "Insufficient space" on device. Like I said not trying to blast anyone but I bought a tablet to take some of the strain off of my phone I'm always on it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello newnextbookuser, congratulations on your Nextbook and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the E Fun Tablets forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

On the first issue, you may be getting caught by something that installed with admin permissions that is keeping you from adding an account.

On the SD card, if I remember correctly, the specs on your tablet say up to 32GB. In any case you may not be able to move many apps if any to a microSD card but you should be able to send media there.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2).jpg

newnextbookuser

Mar 4, 2015
OK so I got the SD card situation figured out. Turns out leeshore was right. It just wasn't reading the SD card. I put my 4gb SD card in and it works. That being said I still don't understand why with 4gb of internal memory and a 4gb SD card I'm still having a hard time getting all of the apps I want. It still said insufficient memory. But I guess I just need more picky with I put on my tablet. Also user accounts I was wrong the option wasn't grayed out in my settings it doesn't exist and I can't figure out why. Please help, also thanks guys for the warm welcome!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I assume you are still trying to set up the "guest" account? I've never done that so I don't have a good answer for you if you can't just add it.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
The exrernal SD card is not intended to load apps to. It's to store documents, photos and videos, so you're limited to the internal storage for your apps.

newnextbookuser

Mar 4, 2015
Cool thanks guys one more thing Pitcarver... how do I move my files over to the SD card I went into explorer clicked move but nothing happened. I usually get a prompt with android devices like "move here" but absolutely nothing happens.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Should be able to long press the item(s) that you want to move, then select the storage location.