help after factory reset please

ianh

May 31, 2013
Hi all. New to the site and thankful for the advice therein. Despite searching I still need some help.
My 12yr old daughter has a white case/black screen Momo9 which was displaying an error and wouldn't go past the screen displayed.
It's 5 months old.
Used the reset button at the back.
After managing to get it powered on (don't know how - power and vol+ buttons I think) it displayed a screen that allowed me to do a 'factory reset'. Although it allowed me to do this, I was still getting a new error message saying 'unfortunately email has stopped'.
After resetting, the player will no longer turn on. Tried everything previously including the power/vol+, reset and power button with no luck.
To paraphrase - I have a dead tablet.
Is it saveable? Am I missing something?
Ian

hydeparker

Aug 5, 2012
Hi, I may be simplfying things but are you sure it is still charged? If you plug in the charger and the battery is showing Red that could be the problem, leave pluugged in until it goes green.

ianh

May 31, 2013
thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how to tell if it's charged or not, because I can't turn it on. I'm going to leave it on charge overnight. I had managed to switch it on, but it would not progress past the white screen with the writing in the middle which includes the words 3D. At one stage we left it on that screen for ages to see if it sorted itself out, but it didn't. It was not turning on consistently, but would turn off straightaway. My daughter says that it has always taken a while to load. Is that right? Also, what should I expect after doing the factory reset? Should it turn on as normal?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Someone with a similar problem got it to turn on by holding the power button in for a very long time, like over a minute. Might work if you haven't already tried it.