Help - Boot Loop trying to boot into recovery for first time!

johntee

Jan 30, 2011
Anyway, how I finally fixed it was this:

1. Create a bootable sd with Froyo
2. Enable USB debugging in the Settings - Applications - Development menu
3. Connect Nook with USB cable
4. Install CWR apk via ADB
a) Download View attachment 1092 somewhere easy to find and unzip it
b) Use this command to install via ADB: adb install cwr.apk or adb install c:\path-to-file\cwr.apk
5. Disconnect Nook from USB cable
6. Open ROM Manager
7. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
8. Power off Nook manually
9. Power on Nook - this should load you directly into Clockwork Recovery Mode
10. Select 'Reboot'

Can I suggest the following modifications to the step-by-step's:

4 b) Use this command to install via ADB: adb install cwrom.apk or adb install c:\path-to-file\cwrom.apk
[The name of the unzipped file is actually cwrom.apk, not cwr.apk.]

Add a Step 6b -- Turn on WiFi and select your network/enter network password.
[I couldn't get it to Flash unless Wifi was on.]

Add a Step 8b? -- Remove SD card.
[I think we want to boot up into internal here, not Froyo SD card again, right?]

Is Step 9 correct? 9. Power on Nook - this should load you directly into Clockwork Recovery Mode.
[It rebooted back into my usual (customized) Nook environment, not into CWR. Thankfully! Because that's what I wanted to see!!
icon7.gif
]

drm1963

Apr 24, 2011
If you get caught up in the boot loop after installing RomManager and then clockworkrecovery you can try what worked for me to get me out of that loop.

I went to this thread in another forum.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Boot loop after going into recovery using clockwork mod

and found this file

uninstall-CWR.zip

Since I could not get back into my Nook Color to load the file onto the SD card I sent it from my Computer to my DropBox folder. I then downloaded it onto my phone but only after I had placed the Mini SD from my Nook Color into my phone.
I then placed the SD back into the Nook Color and from Clock Work Recovery I installed a zip from the SD Card and ran the Uninstall CWR file and when I rebooted I was back into my Nook Color again just as I had left it.

It worked for me but I cannot guarantee it will work for any one else but if your stuck in the loop what do you have to lose?