HELP...error message says I have no internal and external storage!

zarahlin

Dec 27, 2010
I hacked my 7" WPDN the other day using the Kewlguy 11/19 download. Before I got started; however, I swapped out my internal 1g micro card with a 16g micro card. This is before the tablet was ever turned on or set up, so there wasn't anything on the 1g micro card. Everything seemed to go well until I noticed today I can't download any videos. It doesn't seem to recognize the external SD card and says I need to have the card inserted before I download a video. Then I clicked on one of the media players and the photo icon and I get an error message that says there is no internal or external storage. I know the internal card is seated properly. Can I fix this?

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Did you try the reset button?

You might want to redo the fix you installed and if that gives no joy, return the unit to stock and see if you can see the cards. If not you probably have a defective unit.

zarahlin

Dec 27, 2010
I noticed when I viewed what was on original internal 1g micro card, it had a bunch of files on it as if the unit was pre-owned and returned. It is not recognizing the sd card which seems to be just fine when I view it on my pc. It doesn't appear to be corrupted. Here are the programs the PDN will not open. Error message says: "No internal or external memory available."

On the hack side:
PDMediaPlay_Video
PDPhotoGallery (Error message says: "Not find storages for photos.")
PDMideaPlay (Error message says: "Not find storages for songs.")

On stock side:
I have the same messages when I try and open these applications.
Music
Videos
Photos

zarahlin

Dec 27, 2010
I'm not sure how I return the unit to stock after hacking. Does anyone have the steps for that?
Thanks.

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Go to Pandigital » Pandigital Novel / ANDROID Tablet Firmware Update and click where "Click here" is highlighted. This will start a download of a small program. When it is completed double click on its icon and follow the instructions. Basically it tells you to plug your pandigital into the usb on your computer and turn it on, it senses what unit you have and transfers a file to your unit. Then you shut the pandigital off, unplug it. Hold Volume + and power button for about five seconds till the screen comes on with the little google man with a progress bar. There will be a flash of the usual screen, keep holding till the little man comes on. When it is done then you shut it off and do that again and the apps will install.