Help for a newbie to Android

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
Hi Peeps

I'm complete newbie to android os, always used iphone os. so I'm just making steps in the whole AOS.
I brought a apad/irobot on the cheap from a mate who got it from China. Its brand new but when you switch it on, its just a blank white screen.

I started to have a nose about to see if I could flash it etc. Now this is where I started to think oops what have I got my self into.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I tried to plug in to me laptop but it can't find the driver for Eclair, which to my understanding is 2.1 not 2.2

I have seen his one working as he got 2, I don't mind having a read just need some advice and the right things to read and more importantly can it be fixed/re-flashed

here is the specs

CPU Telechip TCC8902 800MZH
Operating System: Google Android OS 2.2 (this is just the update)
Memory: 256MB
Screen, full-screen: 7-inch 16:9 wide-screen 800 * 480 high-brightness TFT LCD
Touch: full-size touch operation, sliding menus, icons and drag
Storage: 2GB
Direction sensor: automatically rotating the display screen,4 Ways
Wireless: 802.11B/G/N WI-FI CERTIFIED
Audio: Supports stereo speaker unit, built-in microphone
SD card: MAX 32GB can support
Desktop: Android automatically change the desktop wallpaper (like win 7), update frequency can be set to 1 hour -6 days
Language English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Dansk,Deutsch
Web browsing: Google chome-lite Browser UCWEB Browser
E-mail: Mainstream web mail service gmail / yahoo mail / hotmail / sina mail/163 mail
Communication Software: YOUTUBE,FACEBOOK,IREAD etc.
BTY 1800mA 7.4V
HDMI: 1080P
Touch Games: Guerrilla (iguerilla) similar to the CS, Assassins Creed (Assasin`s creed)
Auto rotating screen: 4-way rotary screen
Scratch Paper: Desktop Gadgets, analog clock, support skin change
Screen: muti-touch screen
Camera: yes
Game: 3D G-sensor game

Thanks in advance

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
nope cant get me head around that either. it wont find the driver when i select the drive file and comes up with can't find eclair driver.

anyone please, all i've got is a white screen

Thanks

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
when i tried to upgrade the firmware i could not get the usb drivers to work in windows 7, but the same software worked when i used a windows xp with service pack 2

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
when i tried to upgrade the firmware i could not get the usb drivers to work in windows 7, but the same software worked when i used a windows xp with service pack 2

I'm using vista if that helps

Or does anyone know any upgraders in the UK who will upgrade it, if I pay that is?