Help getting started

ian southern

Jan 3, 2011
I have just got a mid x5a as a present. I work out of a bank with a wifi connection for externals like myself and have had no problem, getting to the internet, setting up a gmail, using google maps, etc.

I stuck in an SD chip (from an old camera to get started) and I see that and can view the pictures on it through ES file server.

I made a usb connection to my laptop and when I figured out that I had to mount it on the android could download music files to the android which I can play

But I cannot understand the filing system. If a I plug in a usb stick with images (pictures from a camera), I see them in the gallery but not in ES file server. There is a ddrive and data folder on the android but I cannot create files in them.

Can someone explain what I am missing

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The file systems that you have on the android may be different than how you have them on your stick, as one is based off of Linux (your Android) and the other is off of PC. Try reformatting your stick as a FAT32, and making sure you have your R/W permissions correctly configured.

-just a thought.

Pete_S

Dec 29, 2010
But I cannot understand the filing system. If a I plug in a usb stick with images (pictures from a camera), I see them in the gallery but not in ES file server. There is a ddrive and data folder on the android but I cannot create files in them.

Can someone explain what I am missing

On my tablet a usb stick appears under a folder called "/scsi" - at least that's what I think you're asking. You need to insert the stick, wait a while (30secs in my case) whilst it scans the filesystem, then start checking folders in your filesystem for signs of your usb stick contents.