Help! I have a Green Screen while viewing live feed.

classykitty

Oct 15, 2011
Hello,

I have the Acer A500 tablet and I was able to watch a live broadcast over the internet and now all I get when I click to watch it is a green screen. I can see what to watch before I click play but as soon as I do then it goes to a green screen. I am not tech savy so any step by step to be able to watch my live broadcast again would be great.

Thank you.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. The best place to ask for help with that particular tablet is the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum and I'm mving your thread there. Someone there should be able to help you out.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
We probably need more info about the live feed you were trying to view, such as a web url, and what app you were using when trying to view.

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
I had tons of trouble with live feeds all of the sudden; turned out to be Flash 11. I'd downgrade to 10.3, especially if it used to work. I got all my live streaming back by ditching flash 11 for flash 10.3.

Downloading the file 1309308620_Adobe_Flash_Player_10.3.185.25.apk ...

See if that works

For step by step:

1) Download the above link with your tablet.
2) Use a File Manager (such as File Manager HD) to navigate to your download folder and launch the apk you just downloaded.
3) When you try to open it, it will prompt you to "accept installation from outside sources", you want to go ahead and allow that.
4) Then you'll have to navigate with File Manager AGAIN, and repeat step 2. It'll say "do you want to replace with an earlier version" I think, just say "yes"
5) After that, all your streams might work again! For me it solved all of my streaming problems, of which I had many after Flash 11.

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Actually you should back up your flash 10.3 and try the new flash 11 that just came out yesterday and let us know if this fixes your live feed problem.

classykitty

Oct 15, 2011
I downloaded the Adobe Flash player 10.3 and now how do I get the Flash player 11 out of my apps? I also went to the file manager and tried to delete it there and it said it couldn't delete it. All it says is uninstall update. But will not let me install the whole thing. Thanks again.

classykitty

Oct 15, 2011
Hello,

I am trying to stream live www.envisionfilmvideo.com and then go to envision live on left hand side and choose Celeste. If it is late it will say offline. This is in Ohio. I don't think this is a flash player problem because we have a ipad and it will play this feed. So if anyone can help me figure out the problem I am having. When I go to the website and click on the celeste play button all I get is a green screen. I can hear sound. If you figure my problem out please post step by step instructions. Thank you in advance.

classykitty

Oct 15, 2011
I'm trying to view a live stream and all i get is a green screen. Here is the website envision! Film & Video - San Antonio Video Production Company on the left hand side is the envision live tab, go to the celeste arena. When i click pkay is where I get the green screen. If anyone can watch this please tell me how you did it. I have tried everything. This is broadcast live from Ohio and is only on when broadcasting. At night it will say offline. Thanks in advance.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Using the stock browser I as able to view the Advertisement before video itself started.

Then It would black screen on me. (not green, black).

Tried in a different browser (Dolphin HD Tablet version). Same result.

Then on a hunch:
Set Dolphin to tell the site it was an iPad (In settings - user agent ID), got Green Screen. -Whoa, Green!!!

Set Dolphin to use Android as User agent, and then it popped up a choice of viewing
programs, Which included Buzz Player (from the marked) MoboPlayer (market) and Video Player.
Video player gave green screen.
Mobo Player gave slightly choppy video, no sound.
Buzz player Smoother video, and sound.

(I subsequently realized the stream does not always send sound, only at the end of
each competition).

I tried a yet different browser (Ninesky Browser from the market), and when I tapped on the video
it asked If I wanted to open it in one of several different players just like Dolphin. And the payers
worked the same, each giving the same result as above.

So, went back to stock, set its View mode to tablet instead of desktop (in settings advanced).
Then it too asked me if I wanted to view in an external player instead of trying to make it
run in Flash. Same players offered, same result obtained with each).

The best player for me turned out to be Buzz Player from the market. $
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bugunsoft.BUZZPlayer&feature=search_result
I'm sure there are 4 or 8 more video players from the market that will work as well)

Mobo is free, so try that one first. (sound was choppy for me and video not real great).

But the key was to set the Browser settings such that it didn't try to play it in Flash, but rather it
handed it off to some video App.

Also this way, you don't have to watch the ads ;-)