HELP, lock is on the wifi connection

chirpy

Jan 3, 2011
Hi, just had a new android tablet as a christmas pressie which i got to work great off our wifi connection. Have been having difficulty getting back on the net with it and noticed that a little paddlock comes up next to my bt wifi connection :confused: i referred back to the manual which advised me to re-type my wifi password which i have done on several attempts but its not unlocking it. I"ve even tried to reset back to factory settings wiping my info to no avail :(
Any advice would be great thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
try "forget" on the connection then do a new search to add it back. It means your password is not being accepted.

chirpy

Jan 3, 2011
Hi, thanks for your quick reply> i have tried that and still can"t unlock it. all the other things in the house that work off wifi are fine, i don"t even know how it got locked in the first place. Its so frustrating...............

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
And you haven't changed the WiFi password on the router? also, you are SURE you are entering the password correctly on your device?

chirpy

Jan 3, 2011
Hi, i have now managed to get online which is brilliant, but the lock sign still shows up against the connection ? very strange, but at least its working now

BitzKelly

Jan 7, 2011
I am having the same problem. I can't connect to my wireless router. I tried to forget the connection and start again, but I must be missing something. Any help is appreciated!