HELP NEED!!! It's keep asking for PASSWORD but I don't have !!!

jmbank

Jun 25, 2011
After updating to 3.1 with the leak one. Using find for a few hours. And didn't rooted. Then ,

There are a lot of massage box said many functions have to" force close" such as bluetooth and so on.

Then I restarted it.

Problem comes !!!

While boosting, there is a massage box said " All pre-install process complete!"

Then ask me to enter a password "Enter your password" and cannot access to the OS. It keep my screen with this page.

And I did not set any password at all.

I tried 1.Re flashing the leak 3.1 via sd card , 2.flashing the FULL PACKAGE via sd card, (which is for 3.0) ..... and both are not the way to solve. Everything still the same, " All pre-install process complete!" every time I try to open the tab and "Enter your password"

Any suggestion ????

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Tell me you did a back up before you used an unofficial version of the update? If so, restore from your back up. Also, if you belong to xda, there may be a solution there. Good luck.

Last edited:

jmbank

Jun 25, 2011
Unluckily, as a noob, I didn't back up. And I am a new member of xda, can't post anything, although in the general forum.

I saw this steps happen when u encript the tablet. But don't know what the password is.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
It's too late for preaching so I'm going to suggest that you go back to xda and CLOSELY read the thread you got that update from, so you can see if anyone else has the same problem and also READ the thread about rooting with 3.1 (do a search - don't start a new thread.) I'm sure there's a way out of this, but this time you have to read everything carefully before you jump in. You can do this - slow down and learn what you're doing. OK?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

jmbank

Jun 25, 2011
It's too late for preaching so I'm going to suggest that you go back to xda and CLOSELY read the thread you got that update from, so you can see if anyone else has the same problem and also READ the thread about rooting with 3.1 (do a search - don't start a new thread.) I'm sure there's a way out of this, but this time you have to read everything carefully before you jump in. You can do this - slow down and learn what you're doing. OK?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

yeah Thx.

(I can't do the fact. reset coz I cannot even use the tablet, apart from "Enter Your Password" ... any idea of doing the factory reset by flashing from sd card with 3.1????)

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
No idea. I'm going to do some reading (and you too) and let's figure out how to get you out of this. I probably won't be back on until tonight, but I'll try to have an answer by then. Hopefully you'll have already found it.

Edit: I see you already solved it. Great job! Why don't you let everyone here know what you had to do. You're only the first - I doubt you'll be the last. Pay it forward and help someone else...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

barkndog

Jan 12, 2012
Sorry to dig up an old thread - but to the people having this problem, did you have Locate My Droid installed? There is a security issue with Locate My Droid where some other user may be able to access your tablet - and set it to lock with a password. I had an unknown user's device in my LocateMyDroid account, I contacted the developer about the issue and they said it was a known issue that happens sometimes for devices without a data plan.

Jan 31, 2012
For anyone still having this problem, I don't see a fix on this page and I managed to figure it out for myself despite being a total noob to this stuff. To be clear, this is what happened to me: I wanted to roll back to 3.0.1 and needed to start by doing a factory reset. To do that, I followed some instructions in the A500 forum that said to do the following:

1. Power Down
2. Make sure the Screen orientation is off (slide to left while landscape mode)
3. Hold down the right volume key (Volume up (+)).
4. Hold down the Power Button.
5. When it buzzes let go of the power but keep hold of the volume up button (+)
rock the screen orientation switch quickly back and forth once.
6. Should say :
Erasing Userdata....
Erasing Cache...

After doing those steps, after I got the Erasing Userdata message I then got an error about an invalid boot file. Then when it powered back up it asked me for a password and it wasn't taking the password I previously had on the device. I was freaked out that I bricked my tablet in my very first attempt at moving to a custom ROM so I frantically searched the Internet to no avail. But then I stumbled into a help topic on the Acer UK website when doing a Google search. When I watched the video in the help topic (click here to see it) I found that this may have happened because the steps are slightly different in the video than what I was given. I used the steps below instead and successfully performed the factory reset (differences bolded):

1. Power Down
2. Make sure the Screen orientation is ON (slide to right in landscape mode so orange is showing)
3. Hold down the right volume key (Volume up (+)).
4. Hold down the Power Button.
5. When it buzzes let go of the power but keep hold of the volume up button (+)
rock the screen orientation switch quickly to the off position and leave it off (don't toggle it like the instructions above say to do).
6. Should say :
Erasing Userdata....
Erasing Cache...

This worked for me anyway; I got the Erasing Userdata then Erasing Cache instead of the error message and then a password request. I just wanted to document the solution in case anyone ever needs it again.