help please!!

djinfrared

May 3, 2011
hi everyone,
right to start with i have bought a superpad 3 from ebay, in new condition, and seem to be having a few minor issues with it starting with the fact i noticed on start-up that it doesnt have a youtube or google maps app already installed, but i thought android 2.2 come with these as standard? also when i go onto the market app to download these, i cannot find them its as if they dont exist, even though i have them installed on my htc hero! then i wrote an email to the seller to which they told me to go to the online market which i did then the desired app will not install as they are '' not compatible with this device'' im compleetly lost in this matter and dont know what to do

PLEASE HELP LOL

djinfrared

May 3, 2011
If i flash the rom will it perform how it should or should i return it for a refnd and buy another

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I'm sure that the return costs would out weigh the benefits. You need to look on these forums for how to flash the Rom to 1170. Just search for Flytouch III, rom, 1170.

djinfrared

May 3, 2011
ok but before i do that i will now post the spec of my tab as i dont know how advanced my firmware is already. therefore it maybe up to date already if that makes sense......

model number
DISCO

android version
ANDROID2.2-20110325

bandbase version
UNKNOWN

kernel version
ZJD@DTLINUXSERVER #31

build number
FRF85B

many thanx

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Try to look on these forums for the same rom and look for instructions using burntool or winhex with sd card. Search these forums not google

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

djinfrared

May 3, 2011
ok , i cant seem to find what rom it has installed im using android system info and it just says

device:wwe 10
id: FRF85B

im not sure if it is already running 1170, also the forum is a little uncertain about how to flash this device as most of it only applys to flytouch 2......too many bad storys for my liking lol

any help appreciated

samstables

Mar 18, 2011
I think have the same one. Make sure you search and follow threads for Fly book 3 (or 2 version 2) only. There are plenty threads specific to it and I know two ROM builders (both are great, update regularly and their ROMs definitely improved the device)

atriad

Apr 30, 2011
DJ, you already have Froyo or Android 2.2. I believe those updates are for 2.1. The icons may be hidden. I suggest trying a different launcher and poking around the system to see if you can find those applications. I have google maps installed on my system, but I don't see an icon for Youtube. Haven't really cared enough to go looking for it, though. Once I play with my superpad this afternoon, I'll look for youtube and see if I can point you in the right direction on where it may be. BTW I installed Launcher Pro (Free from market) and that allowed me to get access to the Development area, which you need for 'hacking' around the system. It also allowed me to find other apps/applets that are hidden.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I highly recommend using launcher pro or some other launcher other than Wowhome. Wowhome takes up so much ram.

djinfrared

May 3, 2011
Hi thanx for the help......I know I have 2.2 but I just don't understand what 1071 is? Also I don't know how to find it on my system.......forget my version of android its the rom version I'm after....................

1 more thing,,,,,,,,,,,,is the HUAWEI E1752Cu 3g dongle compatible with my tablet as I can't get it to work even with the right APN settings.......or do I have to have the E1750?????

Replys and patience much appreciated

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum