Help! Stock Calendar missing

denniston

Dec 19, 2010
I tried to run the settup wizard tonight to see if that would sync the calenndar, but the wizard crashed after I signed in.

tewusc91

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks as well, I have been frustrated with the same problem and was pleased to find this solution.

BilliamJ

Jan 26, 2011
I just got the Copy Tablet and tried installing per the directions and when I try to run it it flashes and goes back to the main screen, any ideas? Thanks

Zomnut

Jan 25, 2011
Okay, I do not have access to a 2.1 phone to find the answer to the following, but if anyone does, are there any files in /system/etc/permissions/, /system/framework/, or /system/lib/ that look to be calendar related that are missing on the Coby?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
try looking for CalenderSync.apk
i noticed it on my X today.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
CalendarSync.apk? Will do.
I'm almost positive it has something to do with the missing .odex files, and I'm pretty sure I found where they belong. Took me a while.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Where are you getting odex'ed apk's and why? The kyros isn't odex'ed...

llugo

Jan 29, 2011
try this but on the calendarprovider my kyros says no such file or directory any solutions

Alright Denniston here you go! I got the actual Google Calendar app, is that ok?

Download the Calendar.zip file from here, (I uploaded the file so no worries about source). Once downloaded unzip the file to a place you can easily locate on your computer. Connect your Kyros to your computer and mount your internal storage (NAND). After mounting, transfer both the "Calendar.apk" and "CalendarProvider.apk" file to the root of your internal storage.

You will need a Terminal Emulator for this next part so if you don't have one already, get to it! After you have a terminal emulator and the Calendar files are stored on the root of your internal storage, unmount the storage and unplug the Kyros from your computer.

Start up the terminal emulator and repeat these commands exactly (Keyboard is brought up by hitting the menu key and selecting the "soft keyboard" option)!

"su"

The device will prompt you to accept super user access for the terminal emulator, obviously allow it.

"cd /nand"

(This will change the main working directory to your internal storage directory)

"cp Calendar.apk /system/app"

(This will move the Calendar file to your app folder)

"cp CalendarProvider.apk /system/app"

(This will move the Calendar cache files into the app directory, which is required for use of the app)

Wallah! After both files are copied you can shut down the terminal emulator and you should see the "Calendar" app in your applications menu. Let me know if you have any problems.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Where are you getting odex'ed apk's and why? The kyros isn't odex'ed...

The calendar apk I have came with odex files as well. My understanding is that odex files are basically cache files for apps?

You can extract them from apks from de-odexing?

The files I gave Denniston had no related odex files with it. But it appears to be missing something...

Sent from my MID7015

les.levy

Jan 30, 2011
I did this and the Calendar icon appears and launches. However when I try to add an event it says I have no calendars. In addition if I go to My Calendars I get a Sorry, the process com.android.calendar has stopped....

ANy thoughts?

ll

regnaD kciN

Jan 22, 2011
I had the same experiences when I tried to add the "stock" calendar. I have since tried some third-party apps, and the only one that would sync even partially with my Google Calendar was SnapCal (and that one would miss almost all the items in my main calendar). All of the others would either force close, sit there without doing anything, or bring notify me that gapps had closed. Sorry, but I think there's something very wonky about the way the MID7015 interacts with Google accounts. I hope someone can find a solution, or else this unit is probably going to have to go back.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
you need to find a stock android device (e.g. moto droid 1) and get everything with Calendar in its name off of it. then push them on to the kyros. try reading the AndroidManifest.xml files inside the apk's. some of the dependencies are in there (IIRC). the answers are there...

kmax04

Feb 25, 2011
Hi,

I have found this information very helpful. I'm stuck at the get a terminal emulator part. How do I get one? Which should I use (Windows 7 PC and Coby Kyros).

Thanks so much for your help!