Google Play on Coby Kyros 1042

joe256

Dec 12, 2012
I did get all the files to fit, but google play still did not work for me. From stock, do the first two steps then download file browser through getjar. then I copied the extra files to the download directory: aldiko, es file browser, es taskmanager, adobe reader, and office viewer. I then deleted the files from the system directory and used setting -> apps to force stop and disable. Then I rebooted. Then I installed all the apps in the download directory. This set them up as installed apps instead of included apps. Leaving enough room for the google apps in the system directory.

Even though I was ableto get everything to copy, google store still does not work, it is like the initializer and framework is not ran???

jstinnett

Dec 14, 2012
For some reason I cant even get mine rooted. It keep saying waiting on device. any help would be great

Dieselrider

Nov 29, 2012
The work around in thie=s thread did not work for me. I believe that the reason is in the commands being different in Mepis Linux then in ubuntu. However, I did get mine rooted and using google play with this thread on the mepis boardsusing Mepis 11 operating system. MEPIS Community Forum - View topic - Trying to root a coby tablet Most all of what you need to do is on the first page. The rest of the thread was our trying to get my systemtweaked to perform the task. I don't know if this will help anyone but, it sure did me. Thanks everyone.

nobi

Mar 5, 2013
Where is a good working build.prop for the 1042? Most of the ones I've tried inverted my screen. Just changing device name etc still has apps coming up as incompatible on the Play market.