Help! Touch screen shrunk after flashing ROM.

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
After flashing ROM, my display has shrunk to approx. 80% of the touch screen. The other 20% shows the upper portion of the display. It is like the now smaller display has scrolled upward and not centered. I used tipstir's http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...6mb-mod-flytouch-2-0_88-en-rooted-market.html. Right from the beginning, when I powered up the device after the SD with the script had been inserted, I could see the black screen with instructions was already displaying the wrong size. Now, I can see the new desktop after booting up, but I cannot unlock or power off properly because the screen is out of place. What should I do now? I tried other ROMs, same problem. =(

Last edited:

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
I downloaded and installed almost all of the ROMs I could find for my device for testing. Still same problem with scrolled display. Below are the results:

Got stuck at second booting screen and came out with "process system is not responding" message after a long while with epad_exscript7e2018, ROMODePadv7cb20105, EPAD256.1.988.3k, xFlytouch256.1.9.88.v4a, and Flytouch.1.9.99.v4c.256MB-HcH.

With m-150_scriptbeta010, I could get into desktop because unlocking required pushing the menu button, but I noticed everything was reversed or mirrored. Scrolling up meant scrolling down. Touching right meant touching left. In addition, because of the scrolled up 20% screen, the second menu bar at the bottom is blocking the lower half of the display.

With ft_2.0_88_en_root_market, tablet_zone_scriptwmt2x, and OEM_WMT2.0_105_script2.0 (Chinese), I could get into desktop as with m-150_scriptbeta010, but there was absolutely no touch screen or menu button selections response.

What really puzzled me was that the screen size was wrong even from the very start, when I first tried ft_2.0_88_en_root_market. I mean, when I powered up with the scripted microSD during the very first flashing. The very first display with "please keep the power on and connecting the adapter" was already scrolled up.

Original configuration of my device: Android 1.6 Build WMT2.0_8102

Any suggestions at this point? :(

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
I just tried VIA8505 WMT2.0_105 and flytouch_1.9_88_rooted_market_v0.2, still no go. With VIA8505 WMT2.0_105, I could get up to the desktop but no touch or menu button responses. With flytouch_1.9_88_rooted_market_v0.2, it crashed to either auto shut down or "process system is not responding" after the second booting screen.

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
I just tried tipstir's latest epad Extra Tweaked Rooted ROM MOD WMT2.1.1_105 | 11/20/10. I could get inside desktop, but everything was mirrored or reversed again just like with m-150_scriptbeta010. Scrolling up became scrolling down, touching left became touching right, and top was bottom and vice versa. A shame I could see the Superuser and green Android Market icons already.

This constant flashing is fast becoming a habit. Will it graduate to an addiction?

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I just tried tipstir's latest epad Extra Tweaked Rooted ROM MOD WMT2.1.1_105 | 11/20/10. I could get inside desktop, but everything was mirrored or reversed again just like with m-150_scriptbeta010. Scrolling up became scrolling down, touching left became touching right, and top was bottom and vice versa. A shame I could see the Superuser and green Android Market icons already.

This constant flashing is fast becoming a habit. Will it graduate to an addiction?[/QUOTE

It will probably become an addiction

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
I just learned that I might have been flashing ROMs made for 7" display to my 8" display device; hence the problem with display. Anyone who can create or edit a file or files with 8" LCD parameters in the script folder for me to test it with the ROMs? Please help!

rickhack

Nov 18, 2010
Hi, as you know i experienced the desktop problem, looking around i found that you must change the parameters in the scriptcmd to the right one declaring a desktop size of 800x600.
I tried many times but if without success, as i am not skilled enough in Android.
Maybe someone good can help us...
I have two slates,identical, in the first one touchscreen works, it seems, a trick is to unlock the desktop attacking a mouse and then calibrate the touchscreen with a pen :).
In the second one no chance, it does not work at all, so if someone good can try to eliminate this problem on the ROM.
Fixed this, the ROM ePad Extreme Performance will be a good choice for me.
About the ROM addiction, i confirm, i want to use one slate and keep the the other for experimenting and installing :)

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
I have some developments in the other forum. It seems we are not the only ones having the problem. I will PM you the other info.
Hi, as you know i experienced the desktop problem, looking around i found that you must change the parameters in the scriptcmd to the right one declaring a desktop size of 800x600.
I tried many times but if without success, as i am not skilled enough in Android.
Maybe someone good can help us...
I have two slates,identical, in the first one touchscreen works, it seems, a trick is to unlock the desktop attacking a mouse and then calibrate the touchscreen with a pen :).
In the second one no chance, it does not work at all, so if someone good can try to eliminate this problem on the ROM.
Fixed this, the ROM ePad Extreme Performance will be a good choice for me.
About the ROM addiction, i confirm, i want to use one slate and keep the the other for experimenting and installing :)