help with an ematic ereader and tablet

lgb

Dec 4, 2011
it is not letting me download anything. 2.1 androic system.
when you sign on the search engine is google uk... could it be the problem? can not even get android market to give me barnes and noble app.
when I try to download a book from my computer on the adobe digital reader it tells me it is not compatible.
any guidance before I return it. It got good reviews so I thought it would be an easy thing for son to use to read his fav books...

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi lgb,

I don't know much about that device, and I don't recall seeing it discussed in my travels here. Hopefully someone else can help you. Welcome to the board, hope you're able to get something on it to read books with. :)

loneace

Dec 4, 2011
I think this is the same one that I have. I bought from walmart. I changed the search engine and the location of the device to US. Mine did not have android market, but came with various other market apps. Not sure about the ebook. I was able to download one using the built in reader app and read it....
I've since messed one of mine up trying to upgrade the version of android...

Oct 28, 2012
Hi. I just found a way to get the Nook and Kindle apps on the ematic ereader with android 2.1 OS. Go to Getjar.com from ereaders browser and download getjar app and then install it. After installing getjar app, open the app and type nook in the search window. Download and install nook, then you can repeat the process for Kindle app as well. I was just about to give up and buy a kobo arc in order to read my nook books from when I owned a nook. Getjar has saved me a lot of money and made me more satisfied with the ematic ereader.

Hope this helps someone else out there as well

Patrick