Help with rooting my Nook Color

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
Rico, I couldn't find "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Services Framework > Clear Data > Force Close"
I looked under Manage Applications with filter by all and it was not there. I did install the new market apk and my market does work fully now.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Rico, I couldn't find "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Services Framework > Clear Data > Force Close"
I looked under Manage Applications with filter by all and it was not there. I did install the new market apk and my market does work fully now.

Glad to hear on new market install, which is probably the better of the three fixes. I may have told you the wrong app from changing configurations for Google Services Framework. There are many apps most of us have installed that manage apps. I'm on 2.2 and no longer run NC tools, so can't go back and check. If you have Titanium Backup installed, it also manages apps and can wipe data. But since you are all good now, don't bother. :) Happy Nooking.

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
Thanks I appreciate that. I wondered if I was missing Google Services Framework, or if it was intentionally left out of the rom. One other thing I would like to know. Is there a place I can look up on the NC what Rom version I have? I used autonooter 3 about 2 weeks ago. Also is there a "Virgin Detector" that B&N uses to tell if you've rooted or not even after restoring to stock?

Glad to hear on new market install, which is probably the better of the three fixes. I may have told you the wrong app from changing configurations for Google Services Framework. There are many apps most of us have installed that manage apps. I'm on 2.2 and no longer run NC tools, so can't go back and check. If you have Titanium Backup installed, it also manages apps and can wipe data. But since you are all good now, don't bother. :) Happy Nooking.

Last edited: