Help with Superpad 10.2

worldfoot

Mar 27, 2011
Hello, I will start by saying I am no noob to Android and carry a rooted Nexus 1 running CM7RC4. That being said, I know nothing about programing.

Here is my issue: I bought a Superpad 10.2 and it arrived on 04-01-11. I charged it up fully before using and then fired it up. I rooted it and installed what few programs I wanted for Android 2.1. HERE IS THE iSSUE: when I try and do a system update I get an error. It says "failed to check for updates ERR402". I am fully connected to wifi in either N or G mode (its definitely NOT a connection issue). I noticed in other posts there is some talk about registration codes and such......I bought this new from Amazon and it was shipped from China....with no reg code (or even any where to enter it). Do I need an update? What is this ERR402 code?

Here are my specs and code version:

Model number: Sawee pad
Firmware version: 2.1-update1 V2.3:#3529
Baseband version: unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop #71
Build number: ERE27

Mar 20, 2011
ok as fas as i can tell you have somehow corrupted your firmware...no i have no idea how

Fix:
* do NOT attempt to salvage apps and settings as this may have corrupted you in the first place simply re-download them

* hard reset (the little button on the side/bottom)

* update to latest firmware (click link in my sig for a how to)

if this does not fix your issue please say and we can try to help you through this issue.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Updates are no longer carried through the update system on the superpad as. And if they were, u would lose all your apps and root as well since updating requires a full rewrite. There's actually nothing wrong with your tablet.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks......

clearly you are attempting to update via the on pad update tool, as the pad is still awaiting "official" support and a possible upgrade to the android 2.2 OS sadly the limited support for what is essentially a 3rd party piece of hardware has meant that the general community has had no choice but to bundle our own firmware for this device.

this means we have not only bleeding edge development on our side but we do not have to corprate bullshot usualy associated with firmware development, what we have is amateur developers running a master class in firmware development and rebuilding and honestly waiting for a retail update that will never come is somewhat foolhardy and if you truly wish to make the most of your new pad then you WILL have to update to the custom firmware provided by the community.

amarine1

Jun 2, 2011
clearly you are attempting to update via the on pad update tool, as the pad is still awaiting "official" support and a possible upgrade to the android 2.2 OS sadly the limited support for what is essentially a 3rd party piece of hardware has meant that the general community has had no choice but to bundle our own firmware for this device.

this means we have not only bleeding edge development on our side but we do not have to corprate bullshot usualy associated with firmware development, what we have is amateur developers running a master class in firmware development and rebuilding and honestly waiting for a retail update that will never come is somewhat foolhardy and if you truly wish to make the most of your new pad then you WILL have to update to the custom firmware provided by the community.

I also have a SuperPad III (it comes with Android 2.2).

Android Version is: 2.2-20110325
Model #: Disco
Baseband Version: Unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 (zjd@dtlinuxserver #31)
Build #: FRF85B

I am trying to use the built in "Upgrade System" option is "settings". The response I get is:
"Failed in checking for updates ERR 301"

If the option is to not use the "Upgrade System" and using other means (downloading firmware directly and using a upgrade google app), then why give it as an option in the first place.

So far (with the protective sleeve / keyboard, it acts much like a laptop (and instead of a mouse, I use the screen). :)

I am trying to get this working so when I download Flash and a Citrix app, I can prove this is a better pad option than IPAD (for my company).

I bought the superpad because it was half the price of the Motorola Zoom (and it included GPS and Bluetooth (and embedded wi-fi, usb, and ethernet). :)

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011

I am trying to use the built in "Upgrade System" option is "settings". The response I get is:

If the option is to not use the "Upgrade System" and using other means (downloading firmware directly and using a upgrade google app), then why give it as an option in the first place.

So far (with the protective sleeve / keyboard, it acts much like a laptop (and instead of a mouse, I use the screen). :)

I am trying to get this working so when I download Flash and a Citrix app, I can prove this is a better pad option than IPAD (for my company).

I bought the superpad because it was half the price of the Motorola Zoom (and it included GPS and Bluetooth (and embedded wi-fi, usb, and ethernet). :)

"Why give it as an option?" It is in the BIOS. The intention at the time is that it was necessary, everyone would still be employed and not go to another company, and was probably ripped off from an open source device. So think of it like the human appendix... Correctly downloading an update by that method, bricks your tablet in most cases.

That menu is useful for clearing cache and such (a bit like formatting a hard drive, except it magically skips the installed OS area).

God, I am so sorry you have an emotional investment in this tablet. It is single processor, the Xoom is not. It'll "never" be capable of Flash, such that'd you'd be proud of it. Xoom is. Xoom has two cameras, one of which does not look up your nose. You at least got the 512 Mb version, whereas I have the 256 Mb. This tablet is "disposable" as far as the manufacturer is concerned.

I hope you can prove me wrong, but the best I have been able to imagine for this tablet is "Daily Planner". (I also don't have 3G, which would have been nice but required a contract with some nice pension plan for former AT&T employees attached).

If you need Android, then go Xoom. If you can live with Windows, I'd go with Acer or Dell's new "convertible" offerings.

[EDIT: I was in Costco, and saw that Acer has a 10" Android tablet there for about $480. Dual processor, lots of RAM, Android 3.0, dual USB (one deformed), one SD slot, HDMI, and supposedly 8 hours on the batteries. Waaaaah!]

Last edited:

00corvette

Jun 5, 2011

I have this exact unit with the same problems you listed with the update function. I was wondering if you were able to download paid apps from the app market? So far i have been unable. I tried to work with the place i purchased (TuTuDu.com) in China but their only was to do a reset. Let me know what you did to solve these problems.

buxtor

Feb 12, 2011
I have the SP3 FT3. I bricked, rooted and installed a new rom within the first 24 hours. The thing is unstoppable. Use it hours every day. Netflix newest version works fully as well as any other premium apps with little to no quirks or workarounds. Use LP or ADWex at good speeds. Wifi has shown no issues. Funny all the bad Rep about this unit.

Tim's rom 4e is very stable.

Sent from my DISCO10 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

georgiel

Sep 15, 2011
A stupid rant which nobody asked for

Nobody asked for your opinion, we wanted a solution to a problem. Not some uninformed fool to just complain about things.
If we wanted your opinion this thread would be called "opinions on Superpad 10.2" BUT IT ISN'T. Either give a viable solution or bugger off.
You annoyed me so much I literally signed up just to tell you off.

Back to the topic, My father bought this tablet so that he could easily browse the internet without havin to lug his laptop around all the time (which is mostly used for business). I've been trying find a solution to the problem and it seems the quickest solution is to manually install the update from elsewhere.

sweetpie12

Jan 9, 2012
i am getting the error while trying to turn on my wifi? it wont let me turn it on and my wifi switch at the top is set to on.