Hi all, bought a Nook Color today... so ummm, now what?

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
Ok, Zeam is driving me nuts. It disappears all the time and I have to go through all sorts of gyrations to get it back up only to dissappear again. How do I get it always be up on the home screen or on all the screens?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try Home Manger from the market then set Zeam as your default.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Ok, Zeam is driving me nuts. It disappears all the time and I have to go through all sorts of gyrations to get it back up only to dissappear again. How do I get it always be up on the home screen or on all the screens?

You need to configure softkeys/buttonsavior to play nice. There's a write-up about it... as a matter of fact, it's part of my brand new article here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...what-aka-complete-idiots-guide.html#post57113

Sorry the formatting sucks... i'm working to fix it, but the darn thing doesn't want to cooperate and I'm tired... but it's in the middle of the Rooting stage and is the "Configure Softkeys" stuff. It's also written out a few other places.

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
Ok I got it. I just gotta play with this a little more. I would love to try a more feature packed *STABLE* version but I'm reading that alot of these custom builds aren't very stable - touchscreens going all wonky and wifi turning on and off etc... I also don't want to run any ROM off the card - eMMC only. So any ideas?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
My advice is learn the basics on the most stable OS for the NC...which is the OS you are on.

Did you figure out how to set Zeam as your default launcher?

Have you installed CWR and made a backup of your system?

Have you backed up all your apps with an app like Titanium Backup?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
When you are really ready to make the jump (and have done everything above) I would advise phiremod v2 Beta. It is pretty stable.

Remember, this isn't an update to the existing ROM, it is a complete replacement, so some things are going to be totally different. Which is why I advised to learn what you can while under the default OS before jumping to a custom ROM.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yes i do not like to run roms off sdcard either. But like Vic said it will totally erase memory and you need to do some things before u go to an internally installed custom rom.

sent from my rooted nook color

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Yes i do not like to run roms off sdcard either. But like Vic said it will totally erase memory and you need to do some things before u go to an internally installed custom rom.

sent from my rooted nook color

Like at the very least make sure CWR is working and make a complete backup before making any ROM changes... preferably from a bootable Sd as I note in my article. This way you can always return to a previously working state no matter how much you screwed the pooch.