Hi and some help required please

Shane.

May 18, 2011
Hi I'm Shane from Bristol, England. Bought an Android Tablet off of misses cousin yesterday for £30 but if I'm honest am unsure of what make or model it is. All I know is it was bought from Amazon.co.uk for £119, running Android 1.6, 128mb ram, 2gig and has the word MID on the back but on doing quick google search can't seem to get a clear result. The model number just says "Generic" when looking on settings menu. Any thoughts on what it may be? Hoping to possibly upgrade ram chip and Android to 2.1

Also I can not seem to get it to connect to my pc (tried with my netbook running ubuntu and misses laptop running windows 7) but nothing. I have used Android before (Had a Google G1, currently Motorola Defy and had Android OS dual boot on netbook but it wasn't great atall)

So yeah any help would be great

Thanks
Shane

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Shane -

When you connect a tab to a pc, you have to be sure to enable the USB connection. Do this by looking at the notifications bar, you should see an option to mount as USB.

As far as what hardware you have, there are a ton of different bits of kit out there, and it can be pretty hard to tell exactly what you have. That being said, that then makes it difficult to say for sure if your particular tablet can be upgraded or not. i would recommend installing Android System Info from Electric Sheep (available from the Market), and then using this you should be able to get a lot more detail on what you have.

Hope this helps!
Peter

Shane.

May 18, 2011
Keeps saying no search results found, nor can it find main streams apps like Angry Birds. Also it doesn't seem to come up with the option to mount as it does on my phone

Abit of searching and tracking, found it to be a MID M70003 by looks of it. Uses a Wondermedia 8505 memory chip and samsung internals

Last edited: