Hi From Virginia

twees

Jul 30, 2010
not a clue, sorry...but after your email that said i could browse my soon-to-be devices folders with linux, i immediately made my laptop dual-boot ubuntu and im loving it! is it easy to browse the devices folders? sorry for all the questions!

tsn

Jul 20, 2010
not a clue, sorry...but after your email that said i could browse my soon-to-be devices folders with linux, i immediately made my laptop dual-boot ubuntu and im loving it! is it easy to browse the devices folders? sorry for all the questions!

On the Linux side of things, when I connect the Tablet I can see 2 files systems. The 2GB SDcard I have and a 1GB"Udisk". The device apparently comes with a 1GB flash built into it for storage of photos, music, etc.

Those are the only 2 file systems I can see currently. I want to get the "adb" command working so I can see the OS side of the tablet.

twees

Jul 30, 2010
once i become more linux savvy i might mess around :) *squee* this is so exciting!!

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
For those who are wondering, the new Gome firmware (which is what this device runs) removes almost all Google services. It speeds things up quite a bit, but you need to back up your apps if they're tethered to your Marketplace account. Someone is working on a custom firmware based on this to improve speed and hack back in some of the Google services.

tsn

Jul 20, 2010
Hola all, I've rooted it today. Got a simple script directory change that you run like a firmware upgrade from an sdcard to chmod busybox etc.
Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll toss it your way.

Devil-D

Aug 11, 2010
Hola all, I've rooted it today. Got a simple script directory change that you run like a firmware upgrade from an sdcard to chmod busybox etc.
Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll toss it your way.

Hi! Could you pm me the way how you did it? And... could you send me the v1.8.2 firmware and the 'HowTo', so i can install it... Thanks in advance!!

twees

Jul 30, 2010
I put my device into hibernate and now it will not come out of hibernation...looks like I'm going to be updating the firmware. I cant get it past the cute little android boot screen lol.