Hi guys! Im looking for help, choosing the right starter tablet.

Canada

May 19, 2011
Hello, I need help choosing the right tablet. I'm searching for a cheap decently reliable tablet. Has to be under $120, able to play YouTube videos, and have access to the Google marketplace (has to be usable). The tablet should have enough power to run a game such as "Angry Birds," without lag/choppy'ness. With my price point being so low, I know that I fall into the "Chinese" product category. I have been looking at the 7inch tablet on dealextreme.com as well as other Chinese wholesale website. But with that being said, I would like to know what your recommendations are and why, please keep in mind that I am a "noob" when it comes to tablets. Basically I need a cheap, decently reliable tablet. (Later on I will upgrade to a non-generic tablet)
Thanks!

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Get a COBY KYROS 7015/7015A you might have to go on ebay and bid for one. I could have got new one for $106.

Canada

May 19, 2011
Get a COBY KYROS 7015/7015A you might have to go on ebay and bid for one. I could have got new one for $106.

Just did a quick search of the COBY, basically the information I got states that I will not be able to access the Google app store out of the box. The website says something about "rooting" so that it will. What is "rooting?"

amy822

May 20, 2011
I recommend PickEgg. It's a website like Dealextreme. And most tablets there seem to be less than 200 bucks.
I got one at about 150 bucks.
Good luck with your tablet!

Last edited: