hi...

dewa

Aug 22, 2010
hi..i'm dewa from Indonesia, i'm new in here..and please help and give me some advise, i was having prroblem with my tablet pc wifi..

dewa

Aug 22, 2010
Dear Mr Probiethe1

there are my Tablet spesification..apad from chinese
Platform Master chip: RK2808
GHz: ARM926(600MHZ)+DSP(500MHZ)(Dual-Core)
Built-in RAM memory: 128MBSDRAM
Screen: LCD 10 inch Touch panel , 1024 x RGB X 576pixel
G-sensor: MMA7660,It may be spined by deriction
Internet port: WIFI(Marvel8686,SDIO,802,11G; 3G moudule evdo,tdsdcdma,wcdma)
Input method:google input software keyboard input,handwriting input
Other function:IPTV, MyNet FM, other apk file may be install to this device
Multimedia:1280 x720(multimedia player,Mkv,H.264.HP,AVI,RM,RMVB,FLV,MPEG-1,MPEG-2)
Music format support:MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/AC3/WAV/LRC/
Headset Interface:3.5mm standard headset interface (can be audio input)
Card slot:TF Card slot
Hard-switching power supply:Slide Switches main power
Wireless LAN : WIFI Marvel8686 SDIO802.11G
Storage:NandFlash 1GB,SDRAM double piece 32*16M,Total 128M,USBDevice HOST port,tf card

i've trying to go in wifi set up and active it position on, and wait for the signal, but it couldn't accept the wifi signal,in my area is very difficult to get a signal hotspots. only in some places just providing hotspot signal. usually in restaurants, shopping centers, and in public places still do not provide.
i have trying to contack owner the restaurant who has and provide sinyal hotspot, to tell me the IP address, but it's still can't work. he told that your wifi is on, but why can't accept the hotspot signal...
i've setup to the IP address, but the wifi is not respons..and I have also been tried in several places, but the same thing still happens..what caused it?
06.gif

thank you

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
ok so when you turn on wifi your tablet should start scanning for wifi networks in range. you need to remember that some tablets dont have as strong wifi antennas as laptops so what you could do to test is go right next to a router and search for wifi signals and when it picks it up see how far you can wall away. i would also install an app called wifi buddy it scans for wireless networks that might help as well

dewa

Aug 22, 2010
hi...thank you for your reply
yesterday i've tried to contack my seller, and he was say "it's true, that our MID have a weak antenna, so you must try to search the strong signal" but your answer more helpfully. i'll try it
thank you