Home button not responding

danyboy

Aug 8, 2011
Hello i bought a coby 7024 tablet 2month ago and i am happy with my puchase,except the fact that one day,for no reason, the circular home key button stoped responding. If im browsing for example,and choose to directly go on my home menu by pressing the "home soft key",nothing happens. I also noticed that when i close my tablet, im not offered to choose from 3 option. They only thing i can do is shutdown my system. Can u please help me? Tx

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Are you talking about the touch home key on your screen?
If your in need of a replacement touch panel, go on the market and look for button savior

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

danyboy

Aug 8, 2011
Yes the round one,and its not the first time it happens,when it first happened,i had to factory reset my system and i lost evrything.

Jul 18, 2011
I had the same thing happen to my coby mid7022. I lost the use of the home button, the lock screen, and the options when i turn my tablet off. Found out it was instability caused by an app. (ADW launcher) As soon as I removed it the functions returned. You might want to backup your apps, and try removing one by one any you have recently downloaded and see if that restores your tablets function. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

danyboy

Aug 8, 2011
Thanx a lot,i will try that and let u know what happens.
P.s:Are u good in computers?