Home screen apps question.

jdog

Jan 26, 2011
Ok, so I did the auto-nooter on my 1.1.0 upgrade night before last. I keep seeing all these screenshots of people with application shortcuts on their home screen. Are these images from a devices with froyo flashed to them or am I missing something with my autonooter?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Ok, so I did the auto-nooter on my 1.1.0 upgrade night before last. I keep seeing all these screenshots of people with application shortcuts on their home screen. Are these images from a devices with froyo flashed to them or am I missing something with my autonooter?

All you are missing is a launcher program like Zeam or LauncherPro (I am using Zeam, but that is certainly just a personal preference) You can find those and more in the market for free.

Even rooted, the B&N Home screen won't allow app shortcuts and widgets.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Most of us are not on froyo. We are using home replacement launchers from the market. Zeam is mostly used. I use ADW.Launcher, some use launcher pro. You can change how many rows and cells you have for icons and add shorcuts. Each have a vast amount of custom settings.

jdog

Jan 26, 2011
I had a feeling that might be the answer. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll see what I can come up with.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Its a slow day at the office...it snowed outside and most the yahoo's around here don't know how to drive in the snow.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Snow! You are in Texas right. I didn't know it snowed down there. We get snow sometimes in April in NY.

jdog, let us know if you have any questions about launcher settings.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Its only 3" accumulation...we get snow from time to time...not nearly as much as you would..

cold%20weater.png

I am the around the little red + (we have been under hard freeze for two days and it snowed last night)

We had 4" of snow on Easter a couple years ago

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I gotta watch the Weather Channel more often. I didn't realize the US was this cold this week! Now you know how we feel in NY from Nov-March :)

Edit: 4 inches on Easter! I guess NY isn't the only place that gets snow lol

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
One more pic, then I will return the thread to its regularly scheduled home screen conversation

I just took this outside our office.
snowday.jpg

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Just to clarify you nootered 1.0.1 or 1.1.0?
Didn't know they had root for 1.1.0 yet

jdog

Jan 26, 2011
Snow! You are in Texas right. I didn't know it snowed down there. We get snow sometimes in April in NY.

jdog, let us know if you have any questions about launcher settings.

Man, Zeam was what I was missing to make this thing usable. Instantly made the experience so much better. So can I uninstall Softkeys or is that still needed by Zeam?