Home screen problem after latest update

travel2008

May 13, 2012
Hi, can anyone help? I just cannot figure out how to fix the problem I am having. My A500 recently went through a system update (now shows Android version 4.0.3). Since the update my home screen defaults to the camera view. So whenever I turn my tablet on I am looking through the camera ready to take a picture. I then have to press the home screen button in order to get to the home screen. I actually have 2 A500 tablets and both have the same problem now since the update. I tried to figure out how to change the setting back to home screen as the 'landing page' after turning the tablet on but just can't figure out where I can do that. Has anyone had the same problem and can possibly help? Thank you very much!

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
It seems that you may be using the default slide screen lock. If you are, take a closer look at it when you start the tablet and first touch the screen. On the right is the lock icon, used to unlock the screen. On the left of the slide is a camera icon, which is a new feature of ICS. It allows you to come right up into the camera if you choose to do so. Slide right, unlock to home screen, slide left to use camera.

If that is not what is happening, then you may want to first try going into the Security settings for Screen lock, and select None. Test that.
Then go back in and set it back to slide and see if that clears the problem. If that doesn't work, you may want to use the factory data reset, and that will likely resolve the problem.

I really suspect this is an issue with the screen lock setting or the way you are using it though.

Last edited:

travel2008

May 13, 2012
It seems that you may be using the default slide screen lock. If you are, take a closer look at it when you start the tablet and first touch the screen. On the right is the lock icon, used to unlock the screen. On the left of the slide is a camera icon, which is a new feature of ICS. It allows you to come right up into the camera if you choose to do so. Slide right, unlock to home screen, slide left to use camera.

If that is not what is happening, then you may want to first try going into the Security settings for Screen lock, and select None. Test that.
Then go back in and set it back to slide and see if that clears the problem. If that doesn't work, you may want to use the factory data reset, and that will likely resolve the problem.

I really suspect this is an issue with the screen lock setting or the way you are using it though.

Thanks - this was EXACTLY what the problem was - I didn't realize the slide screen now had 2 functions - left and right. Thanks a lot!