Hong Kong mid tablet 1.6 can i upgrade its useless

Jun 21, 2011
Hi i have had a mid tablet from hong kong since xmas just lyingin a box because it is useless, i cant get anything off the google android market as it says no mobile is assosiated to this account. & i was told it was an android 2.2, but once i hav checked it states its a 1.6 in the memory.
1st question. can i upgrade this from a 1.6 to something far better if so how do i do it please. i would really appreciate th help. thanks

poikaa

Jun 12, 2011
I have a similar situation.... I had ordered a capacitive 2.2 Android tablet from Amazon but received one like yours.... Not a bad tablet but slow and the 1.6 is not able to do much. I had read here on the forums that the 1.6 may be "rooted" for better capability but I have not found an easy answer to the "root" procedure. It seems simple but I need step by step instructions! Luckily I can return the Maylong to Amazon and buy a better one!
I'm thinking of keeping this one to see how well it performs with the upgrade if that is possible.... It cost me 95 dollars so not a bad price!

poikaa

Rydangel

Jul 3, 2011
I bought the same thing. $100 down the drain. Look in settings,then look at about device. The firmware will say 1.6,the kernal version will say 2.6...,and the build number will say 2.2.With this about all you can do is check your email. It comes with youtube but it rarely works.you can't fast forward or rewind. It doesn't play flash videos.you can log on to facebook,but you can't run the apps or games.most of the apps in the app market are for phones,won't install, or only work with tablet version 2.3 or higher. I keep hearing that you can upgrade, but I haven't found out how. Also a lot of sites and software are incompatible with the Android Os.My MID tablet pc is useless. I can't even read ebooks or pdf files..