Hot Question, Not found anywhere?

mssidah

Dec 21, 2010
[FONT=&quot]I got the Tablet this morning, and was very happy that it arrived so quickly. However, it seems that there is a several bugs in the system that I don’t know what to do about it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yahoo messenger will install, allow you to enter your log in information, but will get stuck on yahoo screen with the smiley face, and “loading contact list.” but will NOT load in. Skype and Nimbuzz works fine BTW.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pandora Radio will not load at all, and will give several error messages.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Boots to Pandora splash screen with the following message Pandora http error occurred code: 417 startupAsyncTask [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sling Media player will log in but won’t load the video.

Since I’m deployed in Iraq, it would be much easier to try to fix the problem before thinking of returning the tablet, so, I used Rom Manager, and [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]tried clearing the cached data associated with it. Restored to factory setting. Then I got in contact with Yahoo who after 2 hours of tech support cannot tell me why this is happening. Pandora referred me to Samsung, and Sling Media don't offer support for the tablet, they only offer support to their software. I really don’t have the time and tools to chase tech support from here. Can someone HELP PLEASE? [/FONT]

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Sounds like network connectivity issues. This is probably not an issue with the tablet, but rather your internet connection. Are you using 3G or wifi?

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
I've never used yahoo messenger but I've never had problems with pandora.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

mssidah

Dec 21, 2010
I'm using WIFI, and My tablet is GT-P1000 UK model. Oh one more problem i forgot to earlier. i use VPN, it will let me connect but i will have no connectivity to any thing after that. should i flash my tablet? would that solve the problem? if so is there is a full guide, and files on how to flash a UK tablet to stock ROM

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Like I said before, I don't think the problem is your tablet. I think it's a network connectivity issue. Most likely a compatibility problem between the Tabs wifi and the wifi router/access point you connecting to. I've come across at least on wifi access point that my tab had issues with. Most work fine though.

Try to find a different wifi network to connect to or see if someone else's Samsung Tab can work through the same wifi network that you having problems with.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
my two cents if you want to read the logs get app "alogcat". also there is the app "netstatus" that provides some simple network tests like ping.