How do I import my contacts from outlook

Snowdrops

Jun 30, 2012
I have opened a gmail account to get started but don't want to use it. I have imported my current email server and now want to import my contacts to it from outlook.
How do I do it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's not necessary to use the G-Mail app to get your contacts into Google, which will then appear in your contacts/people app, for any and all mail clients. Go to your mail account on Google and import your contacts. There are also a few programs you can add to Outlook that will sync your contacts, like G-Sync Googlecontactsync and others but if you just want to get thew contacts on you table import them into Google.

fish1552

Jul 19, 2011
I second the above part about just exporting to either a CSV or V-Card file from Outlook, then import into Google and sync the device.

But I'm trying out Android-Sync which does a good job of syncing with Outlook's address book as well as tasks, calendar, etc. I probably won't continue using it, but you can try the demo and see if it works for you.

The advantage to exporting/importing is your contacts are stored online as well so in the event you lose your phone and your computer goes down, you can still get your contact info, and never have to worry about losing it again.

MickeyUlla

Mar 27, 2014
Follow these steps below,
1. On your PC, go to the contacts piece of Outlook, export your contact as Comma Separated Values (Windows). Select the Contacts entry from the "Select folder to export from" list.
Finally, name and find a location to save the exported file to, and click Finish.

2. Log into your Gmail account on the PC where you exported your contacts. In the Gmail window, choose Contacts. Import Contacts CSV file you save before.

3. Now, all you have to do is run the sync on your mobile device. Each phone will handle this differently, but more than likely, all you need do is wait a moment and the device should auto-sync the new contacts.

Last edited: