How do I install an app when I have no wireless set up on my A13-MID ?

Budge1

Mar 22, 2013
I am trying to install an app on my A13-MID (no idea of the manufacturer, it has very little info on that subject on or in the box) but have no experience setting up the wireless, and there is no wireless in my home anyway. How can I do this ? I bought the tablet so I could test this particular app, which works fine on my Motorola Razr V.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I think your easiest method is to enable tethering from your Razr if possible and then connect your tablet to your phone to download and install the app.

Second method I would suggest is to go to a restaurant with free wifi and connect up there.

Beyond that, you could use the App Backup portion of ES File Explorer on your phone to get the apk file. Then get it on your tablet (use USB to and from your computer or a microSD if supported) and then install using a file manager on your tablet. You will have to go into Settings - Security - Unknown Sources - tick the box to install (it may also be under Settings - Apps - Unknown Sources)

Budge1

Mar 22, 2013
There are multiple problems with this. I have a cable that will connect the phone to the tablet, but have no idea how to transfer the app. Any suggestions welcome. There IS a local restaurant with free wifi, but the tablet seems to need all kinds of settings established, and I have no experience in this. I have not actually tried it there, as it is a 15 minute drive from home. Again, suggestions welcome. Third, I could copy the app from my computer to the tablet, but my PC does not recognise the tablet SD card as a storage device, not does it recognise the internal storage of the phone. I know this because I used to be able to transfer phone-camera photos to my PC, and now I cannot find the DCIM folder any more.

Budge1

Mar 22, 2013
I went to that restaurant, and was able to download my app, and the database it reads. They look really good when running on the bigger screen of a tablet, compared to a phone. I wish I could figure out how to copy files from my PC. I can SEE the file I want to supplement, using the tablet file manager, I just can't find that folder when viewed from my PC. Does anyone know how to take a photo of the screen on a tablet ? Or should I just get one of those free apps intended for phones, and hope they work on a tablet ? I won't post the URL of the site where a sample database is found, but if you search the Google Store for LenovoLook it will tell you where to get the DB. It is really only of interest to those who need to know details about Lenovo products & services.