How do I remove google account?

jtam2

May 27, 2011
Hi, I installed CM7 off a microSD card for my wife for mother's day. Everything was going great -- overclock, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Turns out she wants an iPad (the one with the biggest geebees). Yeah, that sucks for me.

I'm trying to recover some of the $250 by wiping and selling it. I know taking out the SD card reverts it to stock but I would like to sell it with CM7 on the card.

Problem is, I cannot figure out how to delete my google account. I'm ok with losing the apps. Changing the password and creating a new google account doesn't help. Market still asks for the account I used to set it up. Factory data reset doesn't do anything either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi, I installed CM7 off a microSD card for my wife for mother's day. Everything was going great -- overclock, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Turns out she wants an iPad (the one with the biggest geebees). Yeah, that sucks for me.

I'm trying to recover some of the $250 by wiping and selling it. I know taking out the SD card reverts it to stock but I would like to sell it with CM7 on the card.

Problem is, I cannot figure out how to delete my google account. I'm ok with losing the apps. Changing the password and creating a new google account doesn't help. Market still asks for the account I used to set it up. Factory data reset doesn't do anything either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Wipe the card and creat a new CM7 bootable. Let the new owner complete the setup with whatever google account they want to use.

You can go all the way to Step 19 and then stop. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html

jtam2

May 27, 2011
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping to be able to put Netflix and Hulu on there to help sell it. The way I know how to install those requires downloading apps from the market (Dolphin HD for Hulu, Root Explorer for Netflix build.prop change). If that's the case, then I'd need to use the new owner's google account. That's not gonna work. Oh well.

subslug

May 27, 2011
Does anyone know how or if it's possible to simply change the default Gmail login info on a rooted Nook or is a complete wipe job? I would really like to get the original Gmail account off mine without having to start over.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Does anyone know how or if it's possible to simply change the default Gmail login info on a rooted Nook or is a complete wipe job? I would really like to get the original Gmail account off mine without having to start over.

You can change the google account but there are sometimes issues doing so since the account is essential to opperation of things like the Market. It depends on what you mean by starting over. for example if you have purchased apps on one google account and then switch to another those apps won't be linked to the second google account meaning you have to "start over" buying apps under the new account.

jtam2

May 27, 2011
You can change the google account but there are sometimes issues doing so since the account is essential to opperation of things like the Market. It depends on what you mean by starting over. for example if you have purchased apps on one google account and then switch to another those apps won't be linked to the second google account meaning you have to "start over" buying apps under the new account.

I don't mind losing the apps. But how do I switch Market to another account? I tried clearing all data, erasing SD card, logging out of gmail, etc. Market always opens asking for the password for the first google account. I can't figure out how to switch.

jenneelk

May 7, 2011
I am in the same pickle. Just recently bought a rooted Nook off Ebay and when it got to me I had to make an gmail account and download the marketplace. Somehow the original persons gmail was not on here.
But I don't really like it and never use it.. want to sell it to recoup some money but can't get my gmail account gone. I have NO clue how to root so am I stuck taking it back to factory and loosing out?

I went through and uninstalled all the apps through the settings but this is the only thing I can't get gone. The marketplace also wont uninstall so each time you push it you can download apps through my account.

thanks for any help

mindkey

Jun 21, 2013

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I know this is a really old post but here is your answer, just follow the steps below.

I have a simple tutorial how to remove your GMail account on Android Market without doing Factory reset.

OK, follow this step :
1. Download Root Explorer from Android Market
2. Explore to /data/system/ and find this file : accounts.db
3. Delete that file (accounts.db)
4. Reboot your Android device.
5. Walla…you can register another account