What exactly does factory reset remove and how to change google account to new one

krex

Oct 30, 2012
I bought a tablet for my sister and set up some games and such for her but now would like to take my google account off and put hers on...will that remove all the google store apps I added ? and do you know the steps to switching over to different google account ? It's an AllwinnerA10 if that makes any difference /

I also bought myself a tablet...AllwinnerA13 that I have to return to seller because the capacitive screen doesn't work....seems to be a calibration issue but most of the fixes I've googled recommend taking the back off which would void my returning it, so....What happens if I do the "factory reset" ...will it revert to Chineese and lose all the apps that it came with or just remove the stuff I added ? I certainly don't want to send it back with all my saved passwords and google account on it .

I appreciate any input and many thanks to follow ...(by the way, I'm an old lady who knows jack about computery stuff but trying to learn . )

krex

Oct 30, 2012
Well, I did it to two tablets and found my own answer for anyone other newbies ......

One tablet it just deleated the apps I had added, all my personal information (which is what I wanted to do ), and any changes I had made to the settings . No problems there . The second tablet which I had set up for my sister using my own email and google account...I could not figure out how to delete ny account and add her's without" resetting" and the tablet went back to Chinese . If I had not had another tablet with me so I could find the place to set it back to English....I would have been really bummed but I did manage to get into my settings using the familiar icons and used the other tablet to find the line I needed to change it back to English. After that, no problem . It didn't delete any important functionality and I reset it up for her with her own email .