How many people use their tablets in the car?

Scoobynut

May 30, 2011
Just curious how many people use tablets in the car, not using them for navigation or entertainment.What other app's do you use.
lf so how do you mount them. Have seen windscreen mounts but don't really like that idea, due to twin air-bags.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I use mine in the car quite a bit. Reading, while parked in a mall or supermarket parking lot waiting for someone to finish shopping. (It's made me a much more patient person.:))

beastman

May 8, 2011
Can be used by the passengers to watch movies while going on long trips.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Yes but I am yet to find a decent mount, I am hoping Ram come up with one that suits my A500, also waiting for some decent mapping programs but that is another story, I have a Ram unit for my Magellan Explorist GPS and it is super strong and worth every penny of the million or so I paid for it. :)

Pete

BKAlley

Jun 19, 2011
We used mine to play music from my iTunes library while running Nav, to find shops, and my wife played Angry Birds. Once I install AutoNet in our car the tablet will be even more useful.

Sent from my A500

conchchowder

Mar 19, 2011
I use ZP Dashboard. In HUD it gives me a fantastic display on my windshield offering me all sorts of information, or merely my speed. I also use Google Navigation with a British voice downloaded.

Scoobynut

May 30, 2011
Very happy, have discovered the car charger for my Sat Nav that I rarely use has the same rating and plug as my Tablet.:D
Just need to sort out a decent mount that I can swap between cars that does not stick on the windscreen.
Problem is one car has no centre console and the other has the stereo system, turbo timer, and heater/aircon switches.

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Very happy, have discovered the car charger for my Sat Nav that I rarely use has the same rating and plug as my Tablet.:D
Just need to sort out a decent mount that I can swap between cars that does not stick on the windscreen.
Problem is one car has no centre console and the other has the stereo system, turbo timer, and heater/aircon switches.

Just ordered one of the "cheaper" mounts to do a bit of a test, bit worried it will not take the weight when bouncing in 4WD driving though but in those situations it can just sit on the passengers lap anyway as they should be giving directions.

Also have bought OziExplorer for my A500, brilliant mapping/GPS tool. On a 10 inch screen it is amazing.

Pete