How to Add Echo Cancellation

marcel gielen

Aug 19, 2014
I encountered a problem using a tablet by .Prestigio
We are using a tablet (with Android 4.2) that generic does not seem to posses echo cancellation. Is there a way to embedd software into the device so echo cancellation will work?
We use a tablet to set up video conferencing for elderly
Can anyone help us

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

This is the first time I have heard of that problem. What app are you using?

btw: I removed your other post as it was a duplicate and violated the forum guidelines.

marcel gielen

Aug 19, 2014
Welcome to the forum

This is the first time I have heard of that problem. What app are you using?

btw: I removed your other post as it was a duplicate and violated the forum guidelines.

For Android AEC should be in the hardware/OS But the tablet does not have this provision. We tried to add AEC via a third party library. We expected to solve the echo problem this way, but unfortunately echo is still very present. Do you know Prestigio tablets and is there someone who can advise us on proper working third party library echo cancellation?

vnur

Aug 20, 2014
There are several third party solutions for echo cancellation software on android. Some of them have low quality and others are very professional.

marcel gielen

Aug 19, 2014
There are several third party solutions for echo cancellation software on android. Some of them have low quality and others are very professional.

Any suppliers in particular, do you have experience with any?
Please advice us

vnur

Aug 20, 2014
If you are looking for free package, then try webRTC. This package is originated from a professional package but is has some strict limitations (e.g. a short echo tail). If your system can live within these limitations, you should expect good results. For a professional paid package I would suggest to try SoliCall. Their package is designed to support volatile VoIP environments.