How to change device location.

Gilligher

Dec 8, 2010
After I first rooted my Coby Kyros 7015 I looked something up on google and now it is stuck on the place I looked up. Every app that uses a location uses the wrong location also now. Ive tried changing the settings on my google accountand get no changes. Ive tried clearing and it location keeps coming back. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for helping me out!!

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I saw that too. No matter where I wanted to go Google Maps always went back to the same place. OsmAnd was using the same location.
I don't know the answer but now it's changed. On OsmAnd I started using "Point on Map". I think the key in Google Maps was press and hold on a new location.
You'll get a pop-up "Loading address". I think that changed my default location. Seems there is always a default.

Now using the browser for "find pizza" then Find Pizza Hut - "My location" - now it says I'm in San Jose, not far from Cupertino.
I downloaded "My Fake Location" from Market. With some drilling in and moving I relocated from New York to Ridgeland, WI. Now on the find Pizza Hut it tells me my closest one is in Menomonie which is correct.

Maybe not an answer but hopefully some clues.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I seem to recall that the tablet did auto locate before rooting. I just checked and even though "Use Wireless Networks" is checked, any app that uses location says "Location Not Available"
Possibly in the quest to resolve the Wake from sleep issue I have turned something off that should be on for this feature to work.
I'll check.

GotNet

Jan 1, 2011
Possibly because I also use my DroidX at work and home with both 3G and WiFi, my Coby has me nailed within 300 ft. Kinda scary...

Gilligher

Dec 8, 2010
It picked up a location christmas eve after I rooted it. I clicked on follow santas route on google and now its stuck in corona california. I knew santa was watching me peek at my gifts.

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
I was getting a lot of Forced Closings with anything that needed location (particularly with Geocaching apps) and I found an app called My Fake Location on Appbrain, that allows you to set a location and save it so your system thinks that you are at a GPS fixed location. It works if you are not wanting your location to update but not that easy if you are wanting to update your location as you go.