how to connect to ad-hoc wifi network?

brunildo

Apr 8, 2011
I've got a rooted Flytouch 2 with Firmware Update 3245, and I would like to connect to the Wifi Hotspot running on my mobile phone, but the pad doesn't see it, it only sees fixed routers. Does anyone know what needs to be done to enable this connection?

Many thanks in advance

Brunildo

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I was wondering the same thing, I believe there is a fix somwhere.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

justanumber

Sep 26, 2011
This is what I have done to connect my Flytouch to a MB300 (rooted Backflip):

I installed this app on my phone android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting for those that like free apps that work!

Then after installed and in the app settings, "Enable WiFi-Encryption" on and set the encryption to "wpa_supplicant". "Auto" worked but my Flytouch kept dropping connection. Changed to wpa_ suppilicant and been stable.

Now for the Flytouch. First, mine is rooted with Tim's ROM at http://public.timduru.org/Android/Flytouch3/

Tim's ROM Ad Hoc Tip:

Connecting to adhoc wifi network
The rom includes a driver for adhoc support, but it's not turned on by default, because while it works for most network it has been reported that it can not connect to certain type of other wifi networks (PEAP)

You can switch back and forth between the drivers through the dedicated GScripts:
click on the corresponding GScript to switch to the Ad-hoc, original rom wifi driver ( that one is the default when you boot). If it doesn't seem to work, reboot or try this application

For those without (or do not want Tim's ROM), I have heard from others that this application does work most of the time.

Hope this help those whom have been banging there head on the desk. I know mine was getting sore:)

justAnumber