How to flash a ROM

techcruzer17

Feb 5, 2011
I'm new to Android but I've read thatyou can flash a custom ROM. Is this true, if so how can I?

Sent from my Ideos S7

Cretos

Feb 6, 2011
Hey, sorry if this is in wrong forums, but i have been reading up on these forums for quite a while and saw the singapore rom for the huawei s7 and i was wondering how do i install this ROM onto my huawei?, im pretty much a noob at this kind of thing, thanks

Sorry if english is poor it's not my natural language :p

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
A search will get you this info, but here goes anyway.
Download the update file. Extract it and findvthe two files updata.dat and unlmtd.cfg.
Newly format a micro sdcard (fat16 or 32, I prefere 16!). Create a folder called dload in the root of the card. Transfer the two previously mentioned files to this folder.
Turn your S7 off, insert the card and power on. Wait for the update process to complete. Remove the battery and power cable. Remove the the sdcard. Put the battery and power cable back in and power on.
Done.
I personally use the generic non country specific update C62B011.Watch out for that one as it boots in chinese, but can be easily changed to whatever language you use.

Cretos

Feb 6, 2011
Thank you, its now working.. :) i tried searching it but there wasent any instructions... so i thank you for your time :D

bhbk0103

Feb 25, 2011
The instructions provided are they the same for all tablets? Also im a noob and i dont know how the extract files. I have the Rom im going to use downloaded but dont know what to do with it.

Thanks for all your help

gochi

Sep 8, 2011
A search will get you this info, but here goes anyway.
Download the update file. Extract it and findvthe two files updata.dat and unlmtd.cfg.
Newly format a micro sdcard (fat16 or 32, I prefere 16!). Create a folder called dload in the root of the card. Transfer the two previously mentioned files to this folder.
Turn your S7 off, insert the card and power on. Wait for the update process to complete. Remove the battery and power cable. Remove the the sdcard. Put the battery and power cable back in and power on.
Done.
I personally use the generic non country specific update C62B011.Watch out for that one as it boots in chinese, but can be easily changed to whatever language you use.

Please where can i download S7V100R001C60B011.zip? I can't find it on hawei download page

gochi

Sep 8, 2011

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a little problem with my s7. I first tried to use this rom: S7V100R001C57B011.zip, i followed the instructions to update by sd card, but when i put the sd card and turned on the device, a bar appeared which i think should be the progress bar, but it stayed static without moving, so i unplugged it and removed the battery and started all over again, but this time, it wont even power on. Could there be any solution to this? Please help. this is a new unit and i've not enjoyed it much. thanks