How To Format Internal Memory?

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I am installing the Android SDK and ADB. I wanted to start with a fresh Tablet. So I did a factory reset to delete everything.
Re booted and tried to install the SDB APK and I get an error that says it can't view the file and to remove content to make room and gives me a button to go to the app settings menu but no way to stop running apps or uninstall anything. It won't let me install any APK's.
When I hit settings then SD storage and memory it says that I have 0.00kb of Internal Memory.

How do I format the Internal Memory? Shouldn't Factory Reset do that?!?!?

If I get the SDK and SDB installed on my computer can I get into the Tablet with out the APK running on it?

HELP!!!!!

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
Well after the 3/14/2011 update I STILL have a no memory tablet. I don't understand. My Device shows I have almost ALL of the flash memory free, and it will let me copy files from the SD and the Udisk to the flash and will show the use of memory. But when I go into settings and SD memory, It shows the Internal memory as having 0.00b available!
I can't load and apps and have to calibrate the screen and enter my WiFi password every time I boot the device. I wrote a nasty email to tech support for the second time. Still haven't gotten a reply to the first one.
If they can't fix this by Friday... I am taking BOTH of the SYTABEX7's I bought @ CVS. I have had enough of this crap!

cainm13

Mar 2, 2011
I notice there's a system restore in Settings, have you tried that? Since the 3 buttons approach doesn't work for the Express model.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I think it was the factory reset under privacy in settings that got me into this mess. after doing that a few times with apps installed.. I think it wiped out the apps but it didn't reset the available memory. :/

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
did you happen to already have something like root explorer installed and universal androot?

If so you may be able to reinstall those apps via the file manager included with the tablet.

try looking around on the internal storage. installed app are usually in one of 2 places /system/app or /data/app

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
No. I could never get the TABEX7 to connect to the computer with the OTG. I removed it before I had lost my memory.
Does ANYONE know the folder structure of a recovery SD?

frenzy.ashish

May 16, 2011
Im facing the same problem...I have a Galaxy 3-I5801,my internal memory shows 0.0b.
and Ive tried everything,factory reset,hard reset etc...but nothing has worked.
Im not able to install any app..Please help!!!

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
I am having a similar problem.

Unable to Factory Reset from the Settings - Privacy menu
I can't perform a three finger reset, no recovery image found.
Can't get the HWVR for some reason.
Getting very frustrated

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Unable to Factory Reset from the Settings - Privacy menu

If a "Factory data reset" as described in this Digital Gadget's support video Sylvania 7" Android Tablet: Using the system settings, part 2, which erases all data on the device doesn't work, it sounds like an issue for Digital Gadgets customer support.

Doing the manual upgrade process to Froyo is like wiping your computer's hard drive and reloading the Operating System and then all of the applications. That seems like a lot of effort and work to resolve the issue.

Last edited:

laurita221

Sep 12, 2012
Im facing the same problem...I have a Galaxy 3-I5801,my internal memory shows 0.0b.
and Ive tried everything,factory reset,hard reset etc...but nothing has worked.
Im not able to install any app..Please help!!!

i have the same issue, i still can use the internal memory but i can install apps, this works for me after the factory reset:
after the factory reset dont do anything, turn on the tablet, then star open the apps that u have install from factory, like kobo, you tube, droid reader, turn on the wi fi, use it like is new and you are exploring.... but dont install nothing..
then go to slide market, if there is an update do it, and it will let u download apps and install them, this work for me everytime i been doing the factory reset a few time to make the internal memory to work, but it doesnt but at lease now it let me install apps.
sorry for the spelling is not my native lenguage...

barawas

Jan 18, 2013
i have same problem with you... i want program to reformat internal storage my android. plz help..
gift apk or exe

after i instal busybox. he gift big problem my android. i lost my INTERNAL STORAGE / DEVICE MEMORY. i try find program to fix my android.. now i am tired...

the topic is.. android still used.and i can't download on play stor.

samuraivirus

May 27, 2013
i have same problem with sTone and barawas
plz help us...
i install the busy box and its delet my internal storage....

Dragonheart6280

Jul 11, 2016
I'm having same problem with my nobis nb09 android tablet it tells me every time I try to download an app from the app store it says insufficient storage space if there was a way to format it or clear it out I so would get right on it can anyone help me