SYNET7LP Sylvania 7" Tablet Internal Storage Issue

dacft0

Aug 2, 2011
Just purchased my Sylvania 7" Android Tablet model SYNET7LP for $99 from Big Lots. It came preloaded with Android 2.2 and has an accelerometer that works. When I first booted (after charging), I noticed it was very sluggish at first but seemed to improve some (but not much) after 10 minutes of being on. Programs stalled several times and had to reset twice. Once it was running better I installed Opera and that kind of improved my web experience (by load times only). However when I went to check my memory status I noticed that my SD card was recognized and reported 2GB but the devices internal storage reported 0.00B when it should have reported something around 2GB. I thought maybe a glitch a reset could take care of, but that didn't work. In fact after I reset the device lost all my settings and programs I installed. I checked the memory status again and internal still reports 0.00B. After redoing all my settings and installing Opera again I just turned the unit off with the power button and slide motion, and again after turning it back on all my settings and installed programs were gone. :-(

Has any one else had this issue? Is there a fix or a thread somewhere that has some answers? I've searched and found many more issues with the SYNET7LP and similar tablets but not the missing internal storage problem. Any info would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Joe

lorenii

May 2, 2011
1) No accelerometer, its an orientation sensor. 2) Do a factory reset. It is in Settings/Privacy/Factory data reset. THIS WILL ERASE YOUR PROGRAMS AND DATA!! After going thru all the callibration stuff, check your storage capacity. It should give you the proper amount. After doing this, load your programs ONE AT A TIME and check the storage amount after each one of them. These tablets are touchy and not all APNs are compatible. I would go with Skyfire on the browser.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Has any one else had this issue? Is there a fix or a thread somewhere that has some answers? I've searched and found many more issues with the SYNET7LP and similar tablets but not the missing internal storage problem. Any info would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Joe
Congratulations on your purchase. This tablet has a few issues but has potential. Here's a couple of the related memory threads with more details on "factory reset".

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/15888-0-internal-memory.html#post93968

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/10399-how-do-i-format-internal-memory.html

Last edited:

dacft0

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks guys for the info. :) Got my tablet running good although it only reports just under 1GB for internal storage but that's fine with me. Now I just need to get a better market on it because SAM SUCKS!!!!!! I want my "Story" games (City Story, Farm Story, Nightclub Story, etc...) on this device. SAM seems to be where all the reject apps go. Any ideas?????