How to install flash 10.1 on Android 2.1

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
saw this article - I haven't tested it yet but posting it here in case some adventurous soul want to try it
----
It was a well understood myth that only Android 2.2 Froyo was capable enough to handle Flash 10.1. But now as the story unfolds, you can install Flash 10.1 onto your Android 2.1 Eclair powered handsets without any issues. The absence of a JIT compiler and other Froyo goodies might cause some performance issues, but in the end you will be able to surf Flash enabled websites without any problems.

Here is the step by step guide on how to get Flash 10.1 on your Android 2.1 Eclair geared phone:

1) The first step is to download flash_for_21.zip to your computer and extract the .apk file.
2) Now navigate to the market and install “Apps Installer” utility to your phone.
3) Now connect your Android phone to the computer and copy .apk file to your SD card. Make sure that it is in SD card root and not in a sub folder.
4) After this launch “Apps Installer” on your phone and follow the on screen instructions to install flash_for_21.apk file.
5) After installation is complete, simply reboot your phone and there you go! You now have Flash 10.1 on your phone.

This method has been tested and confirmed operational for Google Nexus One, Droid Eris and HTC EVO 4G on stock Android 2.1 Eclair.

Download Flash 10.1 For Android 2.1 Eclair.

Last edited:

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
hm seems simple enough. If any one has tried this method please let us know how it went. I might have to try this first on my phone but also my tablet when it comes in.

thanks for postin

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
First of all, this is a little more tricky that it seems. The installation does work properly, but it still takes a tweak or two to always get it to work.

Secondly, please try to make sure an provide the original source or author information. This media is just like others, give credit where credit is due.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
oops i thought i had pasted the link

How To: Install Flash 10.1 On Android 2.1 Eclair Devices

First of all, this is a little more tricky that it seems. The installation does work properly, but it still takes a tweak or two to always get it to work.

Secondly, please try to make sure an provide the original source or author information. This media is just like others, give credit where credit is due.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
As I suspected, the app installs fine on my tablet (no errors) but doesn't seem to DO anything. The default browser doesn't (can't?) use it, Dolphin doesn't, Opera Mobile doesn't (plus, after my firmware update text is garbled), Opera Mini doesn't - so how would you know if this was working? Or is the fact that no browser installed on my tablet is even trying to use it proof that it isn't working? It would be cool if it did, but I'm sure its performance would be abysmal anyway.

charles

Aug 18, 2010
I've got it installed and the only way I see videos is by using the Skyfire browser. But that's ok for now. By the way thanks for the quick reply.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
No prob. You can also try the Opera browser

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pendulam

Nov 25, 2010
I installed it on my S7. No effect whatsoever on the default browser. I still have to use Skyfire to see flash videos but this does not work on some websites.

vujsa

Dec 26, 2011
I went to the market and installed the Free Adobe Flash Player App and I'm good to go.
Of course I use IE on my tablet so I get websites with a mobile version show me the full version.