How to revive your coby kyros 1125 - frozen logo coby

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
First of all download the coby kyros 1125 images if you dont have yours.

http://www.mandamais.com.br/download/mhmp31201221848

I will suppose that you have fastboot access. Connect your tablet in PC ( reset your tablet , there is a small hole near the power supply, use a nail to reset ) and press volume down at the same time that you reset ( your tablet will enter at the fast boot mode), if reset and press volume up the tablet will enter on FWDN mode. Put the tablet on fastboot mode, dont use FWDN. Use of FWDN only if your tablet is with a black screen, if it is your case this tutorial doesnt work. I will write a new tutorial for this case.

2-Now you will dowload this patch

2shared - download Patch_1125_v2.rar

and unzip it in you PC. There is a file called Patch_1125.cmd doble click to execute it with your table in the fastboot connected in your PC , and it will process and access you tablet and reboot your tablet in CWM mode.
After the fist time that you installed this patch , you can use adb command to go to recovery mode, but it is more easy to execute the .cmd everytime that you need to enter in CWM mode.

You can unzip patch anywhere in your PC. The you also will find adb.exe and fastboot.exe files, if you want use it and knows how to use it.

3- You will need the external card, with some adapter, plug the external sd on your pc and create that following folder : clockworkmod\backup\(name folder name) and put all files that I sent to you, including the .md5 file inside that directory.

ex. E:\clockworkmod\backup\mybackup

4- Insert the sdcard in you tablet and enter in recovey mode again (CWM), to do it, use step 2 again, if you dont know access and use adb comand, if you know how to use adb comand use ( adb reboot recovery <enter>) This step is only to mount the external sdcard in your tablet.

5- In CWM recovery mode use volume down to select backup and recovery , press volume upper to select , select recovery, it will show your backup directory ( ex. mybackup) select this directory and press volume up to execute. wait until the restore finish and reset you tablet using the nail and hole. Your tablet will start up, I hope....

This process workes if your tablet is frozen in coby logo or first android logo or chinese logo. If you tablet is with a back screen you will need to do other process before this process. I will write a tutorial how to rivive you coby kyros 1125, but You will wait a litlle.

PS- credits for Thiago/eduardo/Wagner from coby kyros orkut community from Brazil.

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
If you has a back screen you will need this file below lk.rom . This lk.rom is already for 1125 and you will need use the FDWN program process ( look for it on NET). Use only this file and create a Nand_data.fai, DONT use the T_xxx_.img on FDWN program. After finish reset you tablet , a little robot will appear. and you now can use the same process to revive you tablet with a frozen logo coby above.

2shared - download lk_EM102.rom.zip

In some times if you dont can FDWN access you will need first do short-circuit process ( 7,8) to force FDWN access. Look for this process to unbrink the 7022 is the same for 1125.

Only use the short-circuit process if you really need....

PS- credits for Thiago/eduardo/Wagner from coby kyros orkut community from Brazil.​

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
ps- dont use this tread only to install cwm on a good coby kyros. There is a other tutotrial to root and install a cwm on 1125 coby kyros

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
Hello,

I, too have a Coby Kyros MID1125 tablet. I had previously installed an application from the Android Market, which I think went haywire and the tablet stopped working.

I ran a fast reboot on it using a patch I found on this forum.

Now, the tablet just reboots and gets stuck at the Android logo scree.

Can anyone help me out on this???

MojaveMike45

Feb 12, 2012
Rooted 1125 working fine for 2 months now doa. Fully charged (home button is glowing green) but black screen of death. Tried all of the reset procedures. Great thread but a bit intimidating to a nube. Maybe try warranty route or will the root void it

edgar2904

Mar 11, 2012

I will suppose that you have fastboot access. Connect your tablet in PC ( reset your tablet , there is a small hole near the power supply, use a nail to reset ) and press volume down at the same time that you reset ( your tablet will enter at the fast boot mode), if reset and press volume up the tablet will enter on FWDN mode. Put the tablet on fastboot mode, dont use FWDN. Use of FWDN only if your tablet is with a black screen, if it is your case this tutorial doesnt work. I will write a new tutorial for this case.

and unzip it in you PC. There is a file called Patch_1125.cmd doble click to execute it with your table in the fastboot connected in your PC , and it will process and access you tablet and reboot your tablet in CWM mode.
After the fist time that you installed this patch , you can use adb command to go to recovery mode, but it is more easy to execute the .cmd everytime that you need to enter in CWM mode.

You can unzip patch anywhere in your PC. The you also will find adb.exe and fastboot.exe files, if you want use it and knows how to use it.

3- You will need the external card, with some adapter, plug the external sd on your pc and create that following folder : clockworkmod\backup\(name folder name) and put all files that I sent to you, including the .md5 file inside that directory.

4- Insert the sdcard in you tablet and enter in recovey mode again (CWM), to do it, use step 2 again, if you dont know access and use adb comand, if you know how to use adb comand use ( adb reboot recovery <enter>) This step is only to mount the external sdcard in your tablet.

5- In CWM recovery mode use volume down to select backup and recovery , press volume upper to select , select recovery, it will show your backup directory ( ex. mybackup) select this directory and press volume up to execute. wait until the restore finish and reset you tablet using the nail and hole. Your tablet will start up, I hope....

This process workes if your tablet is frozen in coby logo or first android logo or chinese logo. If you tablet is with a back screen you will need to do other process before this process. I will write a tutorial how to rivive you coby kyros 1125, but You will wait a litlle.

PS- credits for Thiago/eduardo/Wagner from coby kyros orkut community from Brazil.

Hi!, please a need a image, recovery, firmware SOME! my coby mid1125 is dead! can help me??

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011

paulonsf, that first link no longer works, can you update? Thanks!

jsajczuk

Jan 17, 2013
Hello,

I, too have a Coby Kyros MID1125 tablet. I had previously installed an application from the Android Market, which I think went haywire and the tablet stopped working.

I ran a fast reboot on it using a patch I found on this forum.

Now, the tablet just reboots and gets stuck at the Android logo scree.

Can anyone help me out on this???

looking for same solution....have you had any luck?

hooray... got it back. sort of.

my problems occurred after I started using the Gerrman ICS (seed-009) and trying to go back to GB 2.3.3, some how I correupted the boot.img and once I used fastboot to reinstall the ICS boot image I am at least back to ICS4.0x.

Last edited: