How to Side Load Apps If Market Won't Work

rich_l

Nov 2, 2011
I wanted Gazelle - a medical app from Quest Diagnostis but according to Plotz Store and Quest it doesn't run on the Xoom. I got a copy, sideloaded it and it works just fine on my Xoom:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I wanted Gazelle - a medical app from Quest Diagnostis but according to Plotz Store and Quest it doesn't run on the Xoom. I got a copy, sideloaded it and it works just fine on my Xoom:

Great job, way to be

exgi

Apr 9, 2013
Try "ES File Explorer" it's free and very useful! You can get it on Google play (formally known as the android market) Good luck!

Pat Cook AKA Bach Patu

Sep 25, 2014
My problem is Google Play doesn't even detect the prescence of my SKYTEX SP1020 on the GP website EVEN THOUGH it's on, has THE SAME Google ID (In fact, it has ALL of my Google Accounts on it just like my Android phone does) & is on THE SAME network as my phone is (GP detects my phone with no problem however)

I'm thinking this is because GP is only "Trained" (For lack of a better word) to only look for devices registered or otherwise "Branded" by the telcos (My tablet isn't "Branded" by any telco because I don't wanna be left with a useless electronic board should I decide to leave my carrier for one of their competitors :) )

Sometimes, I can find the apps I want on my tablet via the GP app itself, however I sometimes get greeted by a message saying the app is incompatible with my tablet (The Fos Sports GO app is an example of this)

Sometimes it's just plain BS (Like I think is the case with Fox Sports GO because BOTH the NBC Sports Live Extra & WatchESPN apps run without ANY issues whatsoever on my tablet) & sometimes it's not. But I have no way of knowing for sure or finding out for myself though :(

Given this, a way to sidelad apps (Or download the APK to my PC & transfer them to my tablet to install) would help as a backup to the traditional direct download from GP & other markets via the tablet itself)

Would a sideloader help in my case ??

Cheers :)

Pat

Jeffrey

Super Moderator
Jul 27, 2014
If you have a tablet/phone that does not allow you to access the Play Store and you want Google approved apps on your device, simply go to https://hola.org/ and install their app or browser addon. Now you can log into google US Play Store and many sites that are blocked by your country if you are outside the US.

Pat Cook AKA Bach Patu

Sep 25, 2014
if you dont have a file explorer you will need to download one. so open up your tablets browser search for apkmanager or fileexplorer the extensions will be apk you can also try this one Download Apps Installer for Android and see if that works and then once your notification bar says download complete just click on it and click install and you will be able to use that app to side load other apps
ZERO BYTE file dude :(