How to Transfer Music to Tablet from PC?

Jul 28, 2012
Hi I'm new to android tablet. I have a mg638 2.2 tablet.
I am trying to transfer music to my tablet from my pc. I have transfered the music by usb stick, and it appears in the devise ok,but I can't seem to store it on the device.
The instructions are - tap on the ikon to display contents of usb, tap and hold in the file you want to copy,tap copy, tap on the internal memory, tap on the folder into which you want to copy the file, tap paste.
Well, I can follow as far as "paste", but where is "paste"? how do I find it?
help would be appreciated, as I seem to be completely missing the last step.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Andrew, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Audio section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

oldmobie

Sep 2, 2012
I don't know what app you're using as a file explorer, but this works in most apps that I use: "long-tap" (press and hold) in an empty area inside the folder where you want to paste the files. If there's anything in your clipboard to paste, then a paste button should appear.

Alternately, I've found that when I "long-tap" to select an item, often a menu bar will appear across the top of my screen with cut, copy, paste options in it.

Hope this helps!

botty1963

Jan 1, 2013
Hi Newbie here. I'm recently joined the Android Tablet world having purchased a Fujitsu M532 device. I know nothing about Android before purchasing it. So hopefully an easy question. I've connected the Tablet to my PC via the USB connection and can see the Tablet and folders now problem. However if I try to drag files across they won't copy - they are WMA format. Do I need to convert them to another format first?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi botty, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. You shouldn't have to convert the files, most players will work with WMA format. If your tablet has an MSD slot, try copying the files to an SD card in the computer and then putting the card into your tablet.

urstrinath

Jun 7, 2013
Check ont this video for transferring songs from pc to tablet

Last edited by a moderator:

UDandrew

Apr 12, 2014
my friend share a video for android users on twitter, t.co/mRvktwXWMm

it says work on music on android tablet, may be some helps.

ryleighgarcia

Dec 9, 2014
I know you want to transfer music from PC to tablet. I don't know what app you're using as a file explorer, but this works in most apps that I use: "long-tap" (press and hold) in an empty area inside the folder where you want to paste the files. If there's anything in your clipboard to paste, then a paste button should appear.

Alternately, I've found that when I "long-tap" to select an item, often a menu bar will appear across the top of my screen with cut, copy, paste options in it.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Wnwinllaa

Dec 29, 2014
You can use SD Card to help.Transfer table music to SD Card ,then transfer SD Card music to pc.Good luck!

LettieRamos

Nov 15, 2016
I usually use transfer tools to transfer the music or video files from my pc to mobile phones. You can have a look at this android assistant, which can also transfer music between pc and phones.
It's never working as your demo, and it charged me a few dollars for nothing. That's fraud!

Qeekay

Aug 12, 2016
Thanks to Samsung Backup, you are able to transfer data from Android phone and save them to computer without any quality loss. Not only music, but also contacts, videos, photos,messages,call history and more can be transferred easily by this tool.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@Qeekay: Not everyone has a Samsung tablet, and Samsung Backup likely only works on Touchwiz. It also wouldn't have helped the OP out any, since in 2012 he was trying to transfer music files from his PC TO his tablet.