How to Transfer to Micro SD

Arual

Dec 16, 2012
I have a simular problem with a Digix Tab730 recognizing 26Gig of a 32Gig card I have installed as extra storage. This tablet is suppose to have 4Gig onboard storage and expanded memory of up to 32Gig. When I go to settings/storage I see 2 listings for internal memory (added together they do NOT add up to the supposed 4 Gig). The first one listed seems to hold the "operating" system and the second holds most of the apps according to their color coding and space allocations below each drive. The 32 Gig card shows as "exsdcard" but the size claims to be only 29 Gig. I understand that some of a drive is "allocated" to use by the device, but since this drive does not seem to get accessed by the system why would they "hide" part of it.... or is it that the entire tablet can only recognize the 32 Gig of user space (3Gig internal and 29 Gig external)?

I have never bothered maxing out the sd cards in any other device I have ever owned so this is all kind of new to me.

This also raises another question ..... All the posts above refer to Honeycomb as having the issue of not allowing you to save/run apps from the external memory, but what about Android 4.0 ? Was this suppose to be resolved ??

Like I said I have a Digix Tab730, but it has a charging issue and will soon be replaced by another cheap tablet. Hoping that the new one will not have an issue saving apps to the external memory. Does seem kind of pointless to have the memory available if it won't be able to be used by apps. I had not really planned on using the tablets for much as far as music/movies/pictures. Would much rather have it able to run apps.

Thanks for any answers you can offer me.... I do understand that this thread is a bit old.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
As far as the file sizes you are showing those look like normal numbers. Le Pan ll has 8 gb of internal storage but only 5.42 are available for storage.

No, running apps from the external sdcard (sdcard2) is still not possible on the Le Pan ll running ics. It is possible however on the new Le Pan S and on the tc970.
I have both lp2 and lp S I think you would be happy with either one. Lp2 runs just a little smoother I think.

diction

Jan 28, 2014
No, running apps from the external sdcard (sdcard2) is still not possible on the Le Pan ll running ics. It is possible however on the new Le Pan S and on the tc970.
I have both lp2 and lp S I think you would be happy with either one. Lp2 runs just a little smoother I think.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have the same issue that I bought a 32 SD card to store more apps (for gaming) and I'm quite bummed out that I can't do it. I don't really care about storage things since I stream those with XBMC from my PC.

Any news on the issue? I have LePan II model with 4.0.4

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Hi diction. The inability to move apps to sdcard is just an android thing. Its not an issue with the Le Pan ll. There are ways to do it if you are rooted. LePan Life has a new home at LePanForum.com you might find some info there.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk