HTC Evo view 4G (Sprint) does not turn on

spongya77

Jan 21, 2016
I suspect it's the battery; when i put it in the charger, the orange light is blinking, but never gets to green. It does not work even when plugged in - it's probably the battery that is not holding charge at all. (It's been getting weaker and weaker.)
Since I'm living in the UK now, it's difficult to have it fixed... I need advice.
Is it really the battery? (Most probably cause)
How can I fix it? If I decide changing it, what is the exact specification of the battery? I have not been able to find it anywhere, and getting to it means taking the whole thing apart. I'd like to postpone it until I have the replacement in hand. ( there is a kit in the US, but the shipping would cost more than the actual kit, which is nuts. 60+ GBP for the kit and the battery is way too much.)
Where could I take it to have it fixed by professionals? (As an alternative solution...)
Thank you.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Oops, my bad. There is a similar HTC phone.

It does sound like it might be the battery. I usually see that when people have primarily used a device plugged into the charger and rarely on battery. But since it really is a case of not holding a charge that seems to be the problem. Do you have any places around that say they fix phones. They may have a battery that would work.

spongya77

Jan 21, 2016
Thank you for the answer. So I'm probably right... which is a good news. The bad news is I need a new battery :) This is a US only tablet; I'm not sure if anyone in the UK has replacement batteries. Most of the repair shops are shady little back-alley shops, and I'm not sure I can trust the device on those guys. (I cannot even wipe it, as it does not turn on... so all my data is there.) I'll probably try to drop it off at some large computer shop/ repair center, and hope they have something. Or do it myself... I just need to know exactly what type of battery I need.