Huawei S7 Accesories site

Dec 13, 2010
Griffith makes a stand for the IPad that also works great with the S7. A bit high on the price, cost me $35 at Wal Mart but it is light sturdy and works very well.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
@sopranosv &vferrari- A very pleasant surprise when I received the newegg 16 GB class 2 card that was $24.99.

It's a class 4 that they sent. I looked all aver the packaging for the class and it is not found. I had to struggle to read the very small number 4 inside a circle on the card itself. who knew????

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
@sopranosv &vferrari- A very pleasant surprise when I received the newegg 16 GB class 2 card that was $24.99.

It's a class 4 that they sent. I looked all aver the packaging for the class and it is not found. I had to struggle to read the very small number 4 inside a circle on the card itself. who knew????

Good news. With a Class 4 card you should be all set regardless of file type you are trying to run so no worries.

pessona

Jan 29, 2011
I've purchase one of these from Ebay. Shipping was really fast. I live in the same state as the shipper so I got it the next day. The S7 tablet fits into this mount perfectly. I think they should try to use the design to make protective cases and table stands, but I digress. The only thing I didn't care for was how tablet holder is attached to the stem and ball for the upper swivle point. When you open up the box from shipping, you'll notice that the upper articulating point moves from left to right because of a slot and groove design on the ball and clamp. I'll take pictures to clarify my point when I get home. The mount point for the stem and ball (on the back of the tablet holder) is rotated slightly out of square. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for a smooth ball mount, but this ball has grooves making adjustments appear in specific increments. While the grooves make for a more solid and stable adjustment, being rotated slightly out of square prevents the the screen from sitting perfectly level. It's really not that big of a deal but if your OCD about that kind of thing you'll notice. The bottom point of articulation allows movement up and down.(very solid, I like it) The suction cup is large and has no problem supporting the weight of the table. Overrall it's a very strong mount.

Thanks for the photos and write-up. I'd very much like to know the name of the manufacturer of this car mount, or the seller you bought from. It's exactly what I'm looking for. Looking forward to the info, thanks, pessona.

dajack761

Dec 8, 2010
I've purchase one of these from Ebay. Shipping was really fast. I live in the same state as the shipper so I got it the next day. The S7 tablet fits into this mount perfectly. I think they should try to use the design to make protective cases and table stands, but I digress. The only thing I didn't care for was how tablet holder is attached to the stem and ball for the upper swivle point. When you open up the box from shipping, you'll notice that the upper articulating point moves from left to right because of a slot and groove design on the ball and clamp. I'll take pictures to clarify my point when I get home. The mount point for the stem and ball (on the back of the tablet holder) is rotated slightly out of square. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for a smooth ball mount, but this ball has grooves making adjustments appear in specific increments. While the grooves make for a more solid and stable adjustment, being rotated slightly out of square prevents the the screen from sitting perfectly level. It's really not that big of a deal but if your OCD about that kind of thing you'll notice. The bottom point of articulation allows movement up and down.(very solid, I like it) The suction cup is large and has no problem supporting the weight of the table. Overrall it's a very strong mount.

Thanks for the photos and write-up. I'd very much like to know the name of the manufacturer of this car mount, or the seller you bought from. It's exactly what I'm looking for. Looking forward to the info, thanks, pessona.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/SlipGrip-Car-Ho...Accessories&hash=item20b608a33a#ht_2918wt_835

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet App

tinki

Jan 1, 2011
I went through atleast 4 pair of earbuds before I found the perfect pair that sync with the tablet's music system. I had great earbuds that work with my computer and laptop but wouldn't work worth a flip on the tablet. My music sounded muted or distorted through them and another pair I had bought. Finally I was about to give up and couldn't afford to keep buying earbuds when I ran into this pair @ CVS Pharmacy of all places. They are Philips in-ear headphones, # SHE3583 for $14.99. Mine are pink but they also had them in black. Connector is a perfect snug fit. Earbuds have three different sizes of caps for different sizes of ear canals, even for small ears like mine, which are hard to find. Downloaded music from android app is almost high fidelity sound, they are that good.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I found this link to an Ebay source for original Huawei Ideos S7 batteries, via a Google search (not through these forum menus), so i am reposting the eBAY link here in this forum in case useful to anyone else. The end time shows Feb 4 but they are still avail. HUAWEI HB5A4P2 Battery for Huawei IDEOS S7 Tablet - eBay (item 160527697536 end time Feb-04-11 02:36:19 PST) If this link fails try a direct Ebay search for the part number (HB5A4P2).

I can't understand anyone buying an overpriced OEM battery when larger capacity external packs are available at less cost and they can be used for other and all future devices???????????????????

Arachnoid

Apr 27, 2011
>>Quick English Question
When to use "resistant" and when to use "resistance"?

Good question, the difference between the two is quite subtle.
Each of these is the correct usage:
1. "The film is scratch resistant."
2. "The film has excellent scratch resistance."
3. "The scratch resistant film protects the touch screen."

In examples 1 and 3, "resistant" describes the film. In example 2, "resistance" is a property that the film has.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
>>Quick English Question
When to use "resistant" and when to use "resistance"?

Good question, the difference between the two is quite subtle.
Each of these is the correct usage:
1. "The film is scratch resistant."
2. "The film has excellent scratch resistance."
3. "The scratch resistant film protects the touch screen."

In examples 1 and 3, "resistant" describes the film. In example 2, "resistance" is a property that the film has.

OK, but you are leaving out the most important form of the word, which is "resistive", as in "Man I wish I had a Capacitive Touch Screen!"