Huawei S7 Owners Thread

zxhian

Apr 15, 2011
just got mine 5 days ago, still waiting for froyo lol
s7 - globe- philippines dual camera dual sdcard
CWM with ivy's rom

sanny17

May 21, 2011
Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello and that these forums have been so useful to me!

I just got my S7 two days ago (I bought the Slim from BB and returned it, and got the S7 online instead- weird as it is, I am one of the oddballs who like the resistive screen). It's great like all of you said, but my BIGGEST gripe is that I bought it to use as a phone (in addition to data) with my existing tmobile plan, and realized it will only work with voice/text, and not other data like web, etc. I had researched into it and found out that users didn't hare problems using it with tmobile, until I saw this forum's topics on Tmobile pulling out the data feature suddenly for the S7 in January. I'll be joining the budding movement to help push for this issue to be resolved (will post in the other thread).

So now I'm kinda stuck- I gave away my tmobile cell to my partner before I realized this, and now I have the S7 as a phone, but no data. :( Has anyone got a workaround? (I know about the WebConnect plan for tmobile, but like many of you, I don't want to pay extra for something that I already have!). Maybe ATT (gulp...) will be the way to go!

lite751

May 22, 2011
Hi everyone! I am from the Philippines and I just registered today. I got my S7 free as a raffle prize during our company outing last Saturday. I'm a total noob with Android OS and still in the learning process. Looking forward to enjoying our toys!

manxman

Aug 2, 2011
Hello All!

I just ordered a Huawei Ideos S7. I am waiting for it to arrive, and I'll be curious which version I actually receive. I ordered it for only $180 (US) from a bargain website that I have used for the past few months for their daily deals (sometimes good, sometime not). That seems like a good deal for the 'newest' version of the S7, but I am not interested if I actually receive the older version.

Can anyone point me to a current (July-Aug 2011) reference for which S7 tablets are currently being sold in the US (and any experience with ATT network)?

The specs from the website I bought it from indicated it is running 2.2 and has the capacitive screen, but I can't find any info for this in the USA.

I am preparing to be surprised/disappointed if I receive the 2010 version with the resistive screen and Android 2.1.

Smoky_jack

Oct 27, 2011
Hi Guys,

i just got me a Huawei Ideos S7 yesterday.
i am from cape town - south africa.

can you recommend good apps\widgets - or the "must have" .

thnx Jack

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
congrats on your purchase Jack, I still love my S7! App recs are hard since we don't know what you want to get out of the device...

Smoky_jack

Oct 27, 2011
hey thnx. well some good games are always welcomed. was on teh market, and there are quite a few apps out there.
i have been on a few of your forums and i am trying to make a list :) - made up of what i saw the review from users were.

QuickOffìce
Deathworm
ANGRY BIRDS
chess,
robo defense,
psx4droid
Asphalt5 HD
Hero of Sparta
Pes 2011
Angry Bird Season
Doodle Bowling
Slice it
Totemo
Pocket Legends
Emulator ROMs
Atomic Bomber
Backbreaker
Deer Hunter 3D
Skies of Glory
NetTalk
Launcher Pro (Home Screen)
, ADW Launcher

again, i was reading the threads and taking out what sounded cool.
well, i would watch movies, avi, mkv (if possible) and so on.
some cool gadget\widgets, things that show the capabality of the device, like.... google goggles. i have that on my desire Z.
and homescreen panels\launchers so on. the default is widget shows weather, date time, missed calls and messages. my city is not covered by the weather and i dont think i can update it so the weather is a waste of space now.

sorry man, dont have much specifics

thnx Jack

JeniSkunk

Oct 31, 2011
Newbie to these forums.
I've owned my Telstra T-Touch Tab (Australian telco rebadge of the S7-104) since late September.
The tablet gets plenty of work playing videos, web browsing, eBook reading and games

hey thnx. well some good games are always welcomed. was on teh market, and there are quite a few apps out there.
i have been on a few of your forums and i am trying to make a list - made up of what i saw the review from users were.
Some more games on Android Market, for your list, Smoky_Jack, which work well on the S7:
The Reel Deal Slots Club poker machines. The free machine Tunzamunny, and payware machine Aztec Sun, I reckon are particularly good.
Klondike Solitaire by Softick.

I've already uninstalled all the pre-installed games that shipped with the tablet.

I replaced the launcher on mine with ADWLauncherEx
I deleted the crippled office demo that ships with the device, replacing it with ThinkFree Office Mobile.
And I installed SwiftKey Tablet X Keyboard.

again, i was reading the threads and taking out what sounded cool.
well, i would watch movies, avi, mkv (if possible) and so on.
You have to transcode the files into a format Android can play. MP4 video is the best bet to transcode video to.

some cool gadget\widgets, things that show the capabality of the device, like.... google goggles. i have that on my desire Z.
and homescreen panels\launchers so on. the default is widget shows weather, date time, missed calls and messages. my city is not covered by the weather and i dont think i can update it so the weather is a waste of space now.

For a homescreen clock-weather/system stat widget, I just use the Sense Analog Clock Widget by Factory Widgets and it gets its weather data from Weather.com
On my system state and switches screen, I use the Widetsoid widgets and clock.

Jenifur Charne