Huawei S7 Tablet Hard Reset?

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
I just bought a Hauwei s7 from Craigs list for $80!!! But it is telling me that to many attempts at the pattern attempts and is asking for a google account and password. Did I buy a paperweight or can I do some sort of hard, forced reset? I can not get to the home screen, just this window asking me for the address and password. And there is no sim card either. What shall I do?? I am willing to donate to somebodies beer fund if you have a fix for me.

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
Please post one that shows how to reset the tablet when you try the pattern design wrong and you no longer have a google account and can't access the settings button. That would be sweet for me.

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
I can't seem to get this thing to do a reset. What buttons do I press to get it to work again and not ask for this email address? and where is the menue key??

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
I have one of these tablets, but it will not let me log into my gmail account and now I need to reset it to box-like form with a very hard reset. Like throwing it at the wall. How do you get aroiund the log in requirement??

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
I will donate $50 to the firs person that can tell me how to reset this tablet to factory default settings in a language I will understand.
I bought it off of Craigslist.org and I messed with the unlock pattern and did it wrong to many times and now it wants the email account and password of someones account other then mine. I need this tablet reset. I can not get anything to come up other then the email screen. There has to be a buttn pushing combo to get this thing to reset but it eludes me.
This is $50 to your beer fund for the answer.

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
Title says it all. I need to reset this tablet using a button combonation because I can not access the because it is locked. first right answer wins $50. Good luck.

czstar

Jan 2, 2011
FAQ on Huawei site has a fix. You may need to set up a gmail account or force the update as directed. Never tried it - good luck! IDEOS S7 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..
30. What should I do if I forget the unlock pattern?
  • If you have a gmail account you just need enter the Gmail account to unlock your pattern. If you don't have a gmail you have to force upgrade software, this method will erase all of your data information. Service Center - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
You're going to have to create a google/gmail account if you want to download apps from the marketplace its part of the price you pay for Android.

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
I can't seem to get this thing to do a reset. What buttons do I press to get it to work again and not ask for this email address? and where is the menue key??
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2290-huawei-s7-useful-tweaks-tips.html (the sticky post that X was referring to)

Specifically the "How to Reflash your Tablet using just a microSD" section.

The device has no reset hole to my knowledge - just pull the battery and reinsert it, then hit power after you've put the update files onto a MicroSD card.

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Pleased to know it ain't easy.

If some horse nicks my tablet and flogs it on ebay....

Pete, on the move...

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
I will donate $50 to the firs person that can tell me how to reset this tablet to factory default settings in a language I will understand.
I bought it off of Craigslist.org and I messed with the unlock pattern and did it wrong to many times and now it wants the email account and password of someones account other then mine. I need this tablet reset. I can not get anything to come up other then the email screen. There has to be a buttn pushing combo to get this thing to reset but it eludes me.
This is $50 to your beer fund for the answer.
simple fix for those who need it.
Hold down the menu button, green send key and the power button (in that order). Once the system powers on, release the power button. When you see the android dude, release all buttons. Yopur tablet will reboot and ask you to aligin your screen. Your done. This will unlock your huawei (pronounced "wa-way") but you will lose all data. But you will have a "out of the box" tablet.
for good customer service call 1877-448-2934

Macropodmum

Apr 24, 2011
simple fix for those who need it.
Hold down the menu button, green send key and the power button (in that order). Once the system powers on, release the power button. When you see the android dude, release all buttons. Yopur tablet will reboot and ask you to aligin your screen. Your done. This will unlock your huawei (pronounced "wa-way") but you will lose all data. But you will have a "out of the box" tablet.
for good customer service call 1877-448-2934

You are my new hero, I set my unlock pattern while my 2 year old was demanding my attention and when it come time to unlock it it seems the pattern I thought I set was apparently not the one set. An hour on the phone with the telecoms company I have my tablet with brought me no joy and they suggested that I call the company that made the phone. Being that it is an extra long weekend here due to easter and anzac day the company that makes the tablet are not availableto speak to for days. I've just used your instructions and now have my tablet working again, thankyou so very much!

1kyle01

Apr 24, 2011
ok..when the tab. is turned off....hold the buttons "list" which is betwee the back and home...the "call" which is the green phone and the power button til it turns on