Huawei S7 Useful Tweaks and Tips

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I have learnt to backup all my applications and data in Titanium Backup before I start hacking around with stuff. Too bad I didn't do that before I lost all my Angry Birds levels :(

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Sorry:( . I did use titanium back up before I had to reflash when my 1st attempt at apps2sd flopped. So I had a blank tablet. Put on tit. backup and by accident found all my apps! OMG, it really works!

Sent from my S7

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I think this should be merged into the owners thread, because that's what the Nook Color guys are doing... I am itching to merge...

Oh on Angry Birds, there is this: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pommedeterresautee.angrybirdsunlock

With Apps2SD on my G1 and the exposed microSD slot, I learned the hard way that you are not supposed to ever pull the thing out when the tablet is on, even if you mount the thing to your computer. Just don't take it out if you run Apps2SD. Ever.

If you flashed the Singapore ROM, you have the option to allow 4 way rotation. If you use your tablet while lying on your side and plugged in, it is best to use 3-way orientation. That way you can rotate the charge cable out of the way and still be able to use the device in portrait mode.

If you add the power control widget and use it to adjust the brightness, you can get a lower brightness level than adjusting it in the titlebar. Same idea with Quick Settings.

You can use the menu button to unlock the screen.

Default screen sleep is set at a stupid 10 minutes. Turn it down lower.

YouTube ported from Android 2.3 works, but forces closes after a while. This can be fixed by clearing data. I will have to push another one back on later. I don't use the rotation or closed caption features anyway.

Quickoffice for Notion Ink Adam works in tablet mode on the S7 (filebrowser will look different)

CIFS rocks if you have videos shared on Windows machines.

I guess that's it for now?

chillykim

Dec 13, 2010
Hello all- must i root to change my home screen? Too much junk: ie pics, weather, etc. Thanks! Love this site, BTW.. Spent hours learning.

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Absolutely not! Touch and hold the widget and you'll be abe to drag it to the recycle bin. Then press the menu button and you can a dd different widgets and application shortcuts. You can also change the wallpaper there.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Now that's what i'm talking about Xaueious! I had a teacher who called stuff like this "nickel knowledge". It's not on the test but you never know when it will come in handy! Thanks for sharing.

Anyway to link this to the "nookies" for reciprical sharing of good "stuff"? ( I belong to that club too- nook e-ink wifi) yet have hs7 owners find easily too?

Sent from my S7

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Or maybe I misunderstood your reference to the NOOKS? Any way, ok with me to move the thread if you want!

Sent from my S7

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Uh... I just meant this sort of thread is basic information sharing between owners. So it might as well go into the owner's thread similar to what the Nook Color owner's thread is running.

Edit:

Forgot we had a tips thread already

justinepeter

Feb 28, 2011
Both high and cold temperature shorten the lifetime of the battery. In real life the latter happens more often. When you are accessing broadband internet or doing something else that heats up your device, you have to keep in mind that overheated device can overheat the battery too which is very bad.
This applies to mobile devices. Recharging battery while the device is switched off makes recharge time shorter.
If you started to charge a battery try to don't abort the charging process. It can cause inaccurate power level indication and can decrease some batteries lifetime too.

Viago

Mar 1, 2011
ok my first post, ive been trolling hoping for a newer android os on S7 and what nots. and till my s7 2g internet stoped working....

IDK if this has been posted but i found a fix for mt T-Mobile Data plan.

For some odd reason my internet on T-mobile stoped working, and would only go to my.t-mobile.com with any web addy entered. after talking with a teki and wanted me to pay 14-50 bucks extra on my data/voice plan...and no garentee it would work.i did some reasurch and testing.

i found my MCC and MNC to be in error. I used the settings from androidcommunity.

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: none
Password: none
Server: *
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <not set>
MMS port: <not set>
MCC: 234
MNC: 30
APN type: <not set>

again some how either after reset my settings got funky or what..cause i thaught it would work right out of the box with T-Mobile.

also a side note befor i changed mt apn settings Facebook would reconise devive as a motorola pebble or blur or something LOL. when i was on wifi that is.

sheila114

Jan 24, 2011
ok my first post, ive been trolling hoping for a newer android os on S7 and what nots. and till my s7 2g internet stoped working....

IDK if this has been posted but i found a fix for mt T-Mobile Data plan.

For some odd reason my internet on T-mobile stoped working, and would only go to my.t-mobile.com with any web addy entered. after talking with a teki and wanted me to pay 14-50 bucks extra on my data/voice plan...and no garentee it would work.i did some reasurch and testing.

i found my MCC and MNC to be in error. I used the settings from androidcommunity.

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: none
Password: none
Server: *
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <not set>
MMS port: <not set>
MCC: 234
MNC: 30
APN type: <not set>

again some how either after reset my settings got funky or what..cause i thaught it would work right out of the box with T-Mobile.

also a side note befor i changed mt apn settings Facebook would reconise devive as a motorola pebble or blur or something LOL. when i was on wifi that is.

Hi Viago,

I attempted my regular tmobile sim card with the settings you provided but got nothing. I just wondered if you intended to put bng in the middle of the MMSC setting rather than eng. I use that MMSC setting with my prepaid data sim and it works fine.

Thanks.

Sheila

Viago

Mar 1, 2011
Hi Viago,

I attempted my regular tmobile sim card with the settings you provided but got nothing. I just wondered if you intended to put bng in the middle of the MMSC setting rather than eng. I use that MMSC setting with my prepaid data sim and it works fine.

Thanks.

Sheila

Ok so i am baffled. I set it, it worked. Now tmobile us is no longer listed.... However the settings i tride prior do work. wap.Voicestream.Com but only seems to work on Unicel towers.

idk how the tmob us apn got deleted. Sorry for confusion.... I think i might need to reset and updat.?

Viago

Mar 1, 2011
When i went idle it stoped working... After i turnt it off/on it worked again. Lol

Mdwills3521

Dec 30, 2010
for some reason I can connect wpa wifi but not wep anyone else experiencing this

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App