Huawei Users Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidB

Dec 11, 2010
I wasn't mounting the internal storage. Man, that so-called user manual is a total POS.

Thanks though!

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks cardude- the list grows.

What works- Aldiko, Nook, Laputa, E-reader(fictionwise), adobe, kindle and google books

bmichigan

Dec 12, 2010
My tablet starts to become slow after about 30 min i have to restart the tablet for it to become fast. it takes long time to load apps and search the web I'm using a t mobile sim card to search the web. any advice on why my device is sometimes slow to respond?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
That depends on a multitude of factors, not the least of which being the subjective nature of "slow." Try downloading Advanced Task Killer (ATK) from the Android Market and next time you feel your tablet slowing down, run it and kill all the open apps to see if that helps. The you can try to play with it to see if there is a specific app that is causing issues.

-p

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
then there are different questions that have to be asked. What is the site and site content? Have you tried it from a different device? From a different platform entirely? Is the site itself having issues? Is it all website? does it only start after a certain website? have you tried a different browser on your tablet? Opera or Skyfire?

bmichigan

Dec 12, 2010
I have used the default browser and sky fire still takes around 30 secs to load. And some of my apps such as USA todays, NYT , Engadget takes about 1 minute to update. I don't know if this is because i'm using my t mobile sim to search the web? i haven't used WiFi yet waiting on box from Comcast.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Can't tell exactly from your post, but is this all over the air using 3G? If so, try it on just WiFi and see what that looks like.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Yeah, that's why I was thinking that first of all Tmobile has him on EDGE, and maybe they are throttling him or his connection is poor or I dunno or something. Try WiFi and see how that works, that will at least eliminate something.

Status
Not open for further replies.