I can't believe it doesn't exist

Natey2

May 25, 2012
For the record, it is OK to attack Android; I do it all the time to expose deficiencies, compared to other OSes :)
Sometimes we get carried away with trying to get a device with the most RAM, storage, resolution, speed, etc. instead of identifying what we really intend to use the device for, and looking for a robust device.
If my Nexus 7 had 64GB of storage instead of 16GB, I'd have 56GB of free space instead of 8GB of free space now. I don't even know what I'll use the additional 8GB for, let alone 56GB. If I fill up 56GB with media, the tablet will perform less efficiently with all the additional media it has to scan, index, display, etc. (the Android Gallery is problematic with large amounts of media). My phone has a 32GB SDcard, but 20GB is free for about a year now. So, why would I want 64GB storage/SDcard?
Faster processors are great but they also use more power.
I'm really not into the Retina display stuff of the new iPads; great if my Nexus had it, but I'm not going to pay a couple of hundred bucks more just for that.
For $200 to $250, you can't beat the Nexus 7. I hope Google puts a cellular radio/antenna in there someday and put Verizon (and their ridiculously overpriced phones) out of business.
And I wouldn't want a 10" tablet because it is not as portable as a 7" tablet, unless someone gives me one for free :^)
A rear facing camera would be nice, and my other tablet had one, but I didn't use it all that much.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You can't even find an Android tablet in the USA with these 3 of my 4 iPad features:

2) Ability to support up to 64GB of storage.

3) High resolution screen (meaning greater than 1280 x 800 pixels)

4) 3G or 4G connectivity

So I've made the task even easier. Rather than meet all 4 of my original 4 desired features, name me one Android device that has these 3 iPad features. You can't name a single one, 9 months after the iPad 3 was released.

I find this pitiful.

I thi9nk your challenge may be too easy so maybe you don't know as much about Android tablets as you may think.

ASUS Tf700 Infinity

comes with either 32GB or 64GB of storage
has a 1920x1200 screen

Since I would own a tablet with either 3G or 4G that doesn't count for much. Actually when you consider that the Transformer can accept 128GB microSD cards the storage capacity is nearly infinite. That's something no iPad can touch.